[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - The Dark Knight • Reviews 2008
It is currently May 26th 2020 12:46 am

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post Posted: August 4th 2008 1:34 pm

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 2:01 pm

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 5:33 pm

Title:
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Good luck Morgan Freeman. Oh, and his passenger was obviously Miss Daisy. Wtf.

I went to see this one yesterday, and being early afternoon on a Sunday, I was shocked to see a fairly decent sized crowd in there. And what surprised me more was the fact that 80% of them were 50-ish or older. I thought maybe there was a seniors convention or a bus or something, but no. Apparently all these old folks just decided they wanted to go see this movie too. It just seemed kind of odd, I hadn't seen them at any of the other movies this summer, but whatever. 2 weeks after opening, I was shocked to see any kind of a crowd at all. Is it worthy of such a response?

I dunno'. The leads did a great job in this. I really enjoyed Ledgers performance, and feel it does indeed deserve all the acolades and praise it has gotten. Bruiser Bale did a great job too, except Bat-voice which should cost someone thier job. That was fucking annoying. Other than that, Bruce Wayne and Batman were both entertaining and believable onscreen and I wasn't distracted by the new suit once. Rachel was less annoying and slightly more do-able in this. Mrs Cruise is a tad better looking, but the new girl actually has a personality, and is a better actress in the role. Too bad she's BBQ. Harvey Dent was great too, allthough I hate Aaron Eckhart because of the scene in The Core where he turns into a 13 year old girl and cries/screams at the lesbian astronaut. I can't mentally get past that with the guy and I will be annoyed by him forever because of it. That said, he does a good job here. He really goes from one end of the spectrum to the other in this and it's great. Two Face effects were dope. Gary Oldman and Robert Caine were also great, if understated, as well.

Some things which bugged me. The time. About 20-30 minutes too long. At least it felt that way. I know, they had to tie up the plot which had been laid out, blah blah etc, and I'm not sure what the hell should have gone away because it's all relevant to the story. But it just got kind of tiring to watch toward the end. Some of the editing was a little ritalin inspiring too. Occasionally, my eyes got cramped trying to follow some of the action and fight scenes. These are pretty petty criticisms though and didn't really detract from the overall experience.

So, is it worthy? I'd say so. Mostly. I don't think I'd label it "best movie ever", or even of this summer. But it was really good. It will be an awesome DVD movie, as my bladder really was what made me think it was too long, and DVD fixes that. Plus I really enjoyed seeing what was obviously (if you live right next to it and see it all the time) Chicago all over the place. A lot of the terrain looked so familiar it was almost creepy, but cool none the less. But Ledger really made this movie fantastic. I think his performance kept me interested through the whole thing and without it I think this would have just been an "okay" movie. I liked Iron Man better, but for a DC movie, this was fantastic.

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 6:20 pm

Fat Bastard

Join: September 27th 2005 8:01 pm
FINALLY saw the film, just got back from it actually. All I can say is WOW. I'm in utter awe at such a kick ass film I just watched. Ledger definitely was The Joker and he topped Nicholson's Joker in my opinion. It's so sad that he passed away and if they do have The Joker in the next Batman film it's gonna be very hard find someone to match Ledger's performance.

Over all I give it 5 out of 5 stars and I will definitely buy it on Blu-Ray. Oh I agree that it's definitely better than Batman Begins.

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 7:40 pm

Join: April 20th 2004 11:57 pm

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 7:59 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 8:28 pm

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 10:06 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: August 4th 2008 10:44 pm

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm

Post Posted: August 18th 2008 7:21 am

Post Posted: August 18th 2008 4:39 pm

Title:
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am

Post Posted: August 19th 2008 8:12 am

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Yay Downey's on some good drugs again. :v:

Post Posted: August 20th 2008 9:18 am

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm

Post Posted: August 20th 2008 9:29 am

Bush Pilot

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
Maybe, Mr. Downey, you are dumb.

Post Posted: August 21st 2008 5:44 am

Join: May 9th 2007 6:13 am

Post Posted: August 23rd 2008 7:48 pm

Post Posted: August 25th 2008 7:14 am

Join: May 9th 2007 6:13 am

Post Posted: August 28th 2008 1:50 am

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Great posters.

Although some of them look very Batman Forever/Robin

Post Posted: August 30th 2008 5:27 am

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm

Post Posted: September 2nd 2008 7:50 pm

Post Posted: September 2nd 2008 7:52 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: September 3rd 2008 5:41 am

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am

Post Posted: September 8th 2008 9:03 am

Ok so.. hmm, not bad. Not the best either, I mean how this movie is making the money it's making is absolutely incredible. I have to credit it to the fact that there just isn't enough competition out there to contend with TDK. I wonder how Iron Man(or Hulk for that matter) would have done if they had been released after TDK.

It's basically a big city mob/crime drama set against the setting of Gotham city.. that just happens to have a certain Batman in it. Ledger was fantastic as the Joker, I thought his performance might be overrated but the bizarre and crazy nuances he brought to the character were amazing. I was laughing quite a bit during his time on screen. The disappearing pencil trick got the biggest laugh from me and it was a good early taste of his sick wackiness.

Aaron Eckhart's Dent was good and developed. I have to say though, back in the Episode 3 days some people were complaining about Anakin's swift and easy turn to the dark side. I saw the same problem with Dent becoming Two-Face. At least Anakin's turn had more of a basis by which to go by; the saving of his wife's life. Dent got burned and just flipped, although Rachel's death obviously played a large part in his transformation, there are obvious similarities. He flipped that damn coin of his enough!

So basically it was a thinking-man's "comic book movie" or graphic novel, etc. because it focused on the psychology of the characters and of the city itself. How do people react when faced with this or that? What happens when you take Harvey Dent and twist and turn him? Definitely not an action flick, there were very few action sequences and the ones that were there were basically all chases.

Bale as Batman is still a bozo to me, more of a clown than Joker. Then again he's still young and green IMO. In the beginning he wants a new costume so he can turn his head, but when he gets it, does he turn his frickin' head?? I don't think so, then again i've only seen the movie once.

One thing I also did admire about this movie is the scale. You really get a sense of a larger scope to Gotham and the story in general because of the number of characers and storylines. In that regard it also wasn't the typical comic book movie because it did throw a lot at the audience for them to chew on, and that's a good thing I think rather than focus on a core group of characters.

To me it's one of those movies that, when I left the theater, I didn't think much of it but it grew on me immediately because of the importance the filmmakers put on the characters and the story they told.

Maybe audiences really do like this shit and not just because it's practically the only [good] movie out. However, all that said, I still think Iron Man was the more enjoyable movie.

[btw sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a super-mega late review thread!]

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 1:38 pm

Join: November 14th 2003 6:06 am

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 2:14 pm

darthpsychotic@gmail.com

Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 2:18 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 2:36 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 2:45 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 6:07 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 7:21 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 7:31 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2008 8:34 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 9:22 am

No no no no, this sounds shitty already.

They started something big and important with TDK, they should continue it with the third one, but WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE.

1) Recast Batman as someone older, bigger, more grizzled with graying hair. Think the Comedian from the Watchmen movie.

2) Borrow numerous elements from Miller's Dark Knight Returns, massive gangs of roaming punks with a devout allegiance to the Joker, have him be their messiah(think al Qaeda) while he is the shadowy, rarely seen Osama Bin Laden as they tear apart the city on their [continued] effort to make Gotham eat itself while hunting Batman. Turn it into the Road Warrior meets Batman meets Blade Runner, with huge floating derigables launching rockets pewpew.

Have Gotham all go to complete shit in the third one the way Dent was turned to the dark side in TDK. All the colorful pretty parks, pretty buildings utterly destroyed and laid waste during the course of the movie as the hunt for Batman literally tears the city apart.

You think TDK was dark? Make the third one a total rated R civic fuck-fest.

And in the end when they finally catch Batman, someone steps in to save the day. Some guy with a red cape and boots.

Which sets it up for the 4th one. The one in which Batman and Superman combine forces and of course have something like a 30 minutes fight against each other.

No, seriously.

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 10:35 am

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 12:08 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 2:50 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 3:45 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 4:30 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 6:40 pm

Post Posted: September 10th 2008 10:21 pm

Post Posted: September 11th 2008 9:43 am

Post Posted: September 11th 2008 4:54 pm

Join: August 24th 2004 8:30 pm
The most intriguing element to that is whether or not it'll be enough to carry TDK past Titanic.

Post Posted: September 11th 2008 5:12 pm

Post Posted: September 11th 2008 9:15 pm

Post Posted: September 12th 2008 3:27 pm

Bringing back Two-Face would be an instant turn-off. It'd be typical Hollywood fare -- which would be the polar opposite of what made TDK (and to some extent Begins) a breath of fresh air.

Post Posted: September 12th 2008 5:15 pm

Speaking of 50 cent face, if they bring him back can they add lots of drool cause that mofo was dry as hell in TDK to have half his jaw exposed. He should have been fighting to keep back the saliva. :venyym:

Post Posted: September 12th 2008 5:29 pm

Post Posted: September 12th 2008 8:33 pm

Post Posted: September 13th 2008 7:22 am

Post Posted: September 13th 2008 8:07 am

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©