[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - The Avengers • Reviews 2012
It is currently May 31st 2020 9:02 pm

Post Posted: April 26th 2012 11:27 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm

Post Posted: April 27th 2012 12:09 am

Bush Pilot

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
I'm not really a superhero fan, haven't followed the hype for the film, but this interview compels me to watch it now.

[flash width=640 height=385]http://www.youtube.com/v/GftHZbk-tfU[/flash]

Post Posted: April 28th 2012 11:16 pm

Bush Pilot

Post Posted: April 29th 2012 11:15 am

Join: September 4th 2011 6:10 am
Just returned home from watching Avengers...what can I say...AWESOME!

I’m not a one for long drawn out reviews so I’ll just give you it straight… I was blown away by this movie! All the heroes get equal screen time & no one really outshines the other, they are all very well balanced out. The storyline is strong & while there are a few slow paced moments, when the action hots up, it more than makes up for it.

I loved the new, updated version of Hulk, he's been done so much better than the last Hulk movie! There are way too many moments to write about & im not a one for spoiling anything….there are two outstandingly funny moments...Hulk & Thor in Central Station, & then when Loki meets Hulk..."I am a god, you dull creature" (you will laugh so hard!)

Not sure how the end titles will play out in the USA but we were treated to the traditional Marvel end part before the final credits start to roll up the screen. Personally I can’t wait to buy this on Blu-Ray & I think I might just venture back to the cinema to see it again next weekend….all in all….believe the hype, this IS a must see movie...

Avengers is AMAZING!

Post Posted: April 30th 2012 11:11 pm

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm

Post Posted: May 1st 2012 2:14 am

Bush Pilot

Post Posted: May 4th 2012 6:13 am

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm

Post Posted: May 4th 2012 3:22 pm

Title:
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 4:13 pm

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 4:27 pm

Join: April 25th 2005 10:39 am

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 5:39 pm

[spoil][/spoil]

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 7:38 pm

Just got back from IMAX 3D showing.

Extremely entertaining. It's very surreal to see all these mega heroes share the screen and overall it was very successful and joyous to watch. The only negative about the characterization is that the heroes were written different than they appeared in their solo films. I think it might have been mentioned in an AICN review as well, but there was a noticeable difference in the way RDJ played Tony Stark in this film. He felt much more handcuffed by dialogue that he didn't seem comfortable saying and his quips were less organic.

It all works fine though, especially if you think of the Avengers as its own self-contained series and not a "sequel" to the other Marvel movies. In that sense it feels very much like the spin-off comic series we all know and love.

I'm also intrigued by Marvel's ballsiness in introducing the more mystical and fantasy-like story lines. It's such a dramatic shift from the more straight-laced and down-to-earth solo acts that I had to remind myself that THIS is what Marvel is actually known for.

Hulk was absolutely fucking perfect.

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 7:47 pm

[spoil] That was not a Skrull, that was Thanos. [/spoil]

I think it makes sense. The man that's used to doing everything he wants is now having to be a team player, so he's going to hold back on how he acts.

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 7:54 pm

I wasn't spoiled going in but I had heard the mid-credits was Skrulls. I didn't pay close enough attention - thank you.

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 9:34 pm

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 10:15 pm

Post Posted: May 5th 2012 10:38 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 5:25 am

Join: October 25th 2005 2:12 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 9:35 pm

Title:

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 9:57 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 10:18 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 10:43 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2012 11:04 pm

Post Posted: May 7th 2012 12:00 am

Title:

Post Posted: May 7th 2012 3:03 am

Post Posted: May 7th 2012 5:17 pm

Post Posted: May 8th 2012 11:22 pm

Fat Bastard

Join: September 27th 2005 8:01 pm
I was gonna see it on Saturday with my dad but I had an ear infection that was starting to finally clear and didn't feel very good. So I broke down and downloaded it last night.

I for one REALLY enjoyed the film. It was very well done and probably the best Marvel films to date. Hulk definitely was the best looking in this film compared to previous incarnations.

[spoil]I also loved it and laughed when Hulk threw Loki around on the ground a few times after Loki taunted him about being a dull creature.[/spoil]

Post Posted: May 9th 2012 12:48 am

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Really great movie. Can't wait for those extra scenes! I would've loved to see the Peggy/Cap scene that was filmed, but only because their "romance" had the saddest ending at the end of Capt. America.

Some thoughts:

--Without Jane Foster in danger, what was Thor's role, really? I know he was trying to deal with his brother becoming a full-fledged super villain and take the Cube back to Asgard but he didn't have an arc at all. He was the only one to come out of the whole thing as the same old Thor

--If not falling out of a building, what is the point of putting the Mark VII in a flying case and having it read wrist sensors?

--Ruffalo's Bruce Banner is the first Banner i actually cared about and didn't just want to see Hulk out. was it all Whedon or was it Ruffalo or both??

Post Posted: May 9th 2012 5:29 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am

Post Posted: May 9th 2012 11:52 pm

Post Posted: May 17th 2012 10:14 pm

darthpsychotic@gmail.com

Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm

Post Posted: August 24th 2012 4:16 pm

Join: March 11th 2009 6:52 pm
HD image of Thanos from The Avengers

Post Posted: August 24th 2012 4:33 pm

Join: March 11th 2009 6:52 pm