It is currently August 14th 2018 4:54 pm

Post Posted: January 15th 2016 3:13 pm

Join: August 26th 2011 9:52 am
Here's the SPOILERY trailer for second half of season 2

Post Posted: January 15th 2016 6:51 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Oh, shit. Rebels > TFA?

I guess there won't be a death in the next episode after all.

Post Posted: January 15th 2016 8:11 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Stunning!

Brought to you, in part, by Lucas' last apprentice.

The Force is strong with Filoni and company.

Post Posted: January 15th 2016 10:53 pm

Speaking of Filoni:

Dave Filoni Takes Us Deeper Inside The Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Mid-Season Trailer

Post Posted: January 15th 2016 11:04 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
As much as I absolutely loved TFA, I feel the Rebels crew are far more daring and intrepid in their handling of the property than the folks handling the films. At least, so far and in a way that isn't so cynical as to suggest you need to rope people in by what's blaringly familiar.

The Rebels crew clearly demonstrates that you can do new, not retro (even though "Stealth Strike" was ANH almost beat-for-beat, they're surely allowed that after so much freshness) and still maintain the essence of Star Wars.

Post Posted: January 16th 2016 8:31 am

As a whole, it 's impressive how Filoni manages to cohesively and intelligently thread pieces of the OT, EU, PT, TCW, and (now) TFA. The article linked below was published this past summer. Today, I agree with the statement in regards to TCW, and I am warming-up to the Rebels aspect of the assertion.

Why 'Rebels' And 'The Clone Wars' Are The Best Star Wars Material In 30 Years

Post Posted: January 16th 2016 10:11 am

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Totally agree on Dave Filoni. I trust him completely to be THE caretaker of the franchise.

Post Posted: January 16th 2016 8:19 pm

Join: December 18th 2015 7:49 pm
I can't believe that's all for a half a season. Amazing.

I hope they don't introduce Snoke here, but it's possible.

Keep in mind, Darth Bane is canon because he was in Clone Wars. Is that sith area in the trailer the one from Clone Wars?

Anyone else think that masked Jedi dude is Obi Wan?

Post Posted: January 29th 2016 1:16 pm

Join: August 26th 2011 9:52 am
There are rumors that Grand Admiral Thrawn could make an appearance in season 3 of Rebels :)

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rumor ... -chistory/

Post Posted: January 29th 2016 1:38 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Rebels is a great vehicle to canonize a lot of the old EU. I'd welcome this.

Post Posted: January 31st 2016 9:40 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
First off, this trailer is fcken nuts. Any SW fan who isn't watching Rebels should stop what they are doing and start watching.

I'm not even sure those masked warriors are Jedi - they could be protectors of the Jedi temple?

There is another voice in the trailer that isn't Maul that says something like "the dark side calls to him" referring to Ezra. If Snoke is referenced, or even alluded to, in Rebels then :metal:

Post Posted: March 18th 2016 11:38 am

Join: July 31st 2004 8:45 am
Some Spoiler info but beautifully well put together video highlighting Anakin and Ahsoka during TCW

Post Posted: March 20th 2016 10:09 am

Join: September 2nd 2015 2:47 pm
TiniTinyTony wrote:
Some Spoiler info but beautifully well put together video highlighting Anakin and Ahsoka during TCW

I keep thinking that the finale's title, "Twilight of the Apprentice," might be misleading us.

That is to say that I think Filoni and Co. might be using Ahsoka as a red herring of sorts to lead us fans to prematurely expect her death. Most fans are ignoring that there is another apprentice (or former apprentice) in the mix, namely Darth Maul. I don't think Filoni will kill off his greatest character so quickly, when he could draw out the Vader-Ahsoka relationship for a while longer. Perhaps, even though he is just resurfacing in Rebels, the title refers to Maul's death.

Then again, maybe the Rebels creative crew is playing it straight with us. Back in the early years of The Clone Wars, I always assumed that Ahsoka had to die before Revenge of the Sith. Surely she doesn't survive into the OT period.

Meh, just some thoughts that have been bouncing around my brain that I wanted to share. I'm probably just overthinking things again.

Post Posted: March 20th 2016 6:53 pm

Join: October 16th 2014 7:03 pm
I'd be pretty surprised if Ahsoka sticks around for much longer. It's one of those things where this series really isn't her story, but she's too good of a character to be pushed into the background.

Post Posted: March 23rd 2016 6:39 pm

doafhat wrote:
I'd be pretty surprised if Ahsoka sticks around for much longer. It's one of those things where this series really isn't her story, but she's too good of a character to be pushed into the background.

I think you're probably right. Part of why I shared my suspicions that it might not be the case was so we weren't disappointed, not that it'll necessarily be great to see a character to whom I've become attached bite it. Additionally, she has kind of played her role, whereas
Maul is just being reintroduced to Rebels and probably will need to be around a bit, assuming his role will be to tempt Ezra to the Dark Side.

It's kinda funny, I was talking with a dude about Star Wars, and he said that he heard what caused the MPAA to brand Revenge of the Sith PG-13 wasn't the graphic immolation of Anakin, but that it was the strong allusion to him committing multiple child murders and the subsequent explicit mention of it by Obi-Wan and Padmé. He asserted that what often made the MPAA give harsh ratings to movies on the borderline between two ratings is not the stuff you'd immediately think, even though child murder is obviously among the vilest of atrocities.

Anyway, that got me thinking of why they may not have killed Ahsoka during The Clone Wars series, as I mentioned I used to presume had to be the case. Perhaps it just boiled down to a regulatory hurdle because she was so young. And now that she is a 20-or-30-something Togruta, I don't think the network and showrunners really have any roadblocks to keep her death from occurring. I know the narrative calls for her to die, so long as the narrative is well-constructed, but a part of me is still questioning if it will happen. My uncertainty is evidence of good marketing, at the very least, because I will be tuning in for the finale episodes' broadcast premieres.

Post Posted: March 30th 2016 7:41 am

It's driving me nuts thinking what the possible meaning of the finale title is, as my dumb ass realized it could refer to
Ezra or Kanan (the latter being a stretch) as easily as Ahsoka or Maul.
Not much longer to go now...gotta relax and just enjoy the ride.

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©