It is currently August 15th 2018 5:12 pm




  Page 1, 2  Next
Post Posted: March 30th 2016 7:45 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hi, I'm back to drop this nugget...

Remember over the holidays someone argued with me over the subtitles in the theaters and disagreed with me over the wording of the dialogue in the Rey's Vision scene? Even to the point where that person swore that it was LFL approving the subtitles when I said it likely was Regal who handled the subtitles? Well, Business Insider got their hands on a review copy of the blu-ray and broke the scene down for us and even used the subtitle feature on the disc to clear up the dialogue for us. Without ado:

Business Insider wrote:
Here's all of that dialogue together for easy reading:

Young Rey: (Echoing) No!
Yoda: (Echoing) Its energy...
Yoda: ...surrounds us...
Man: (Echoing) No!
Yoda: ...and binds us...
(Man screams)
Obi-Wan: The Force will be...
Young Rey: (Echoing) No! Come back!
Unkar: Quiet, girl.
Young Rey: No!
Obi-Wan: Rey?
Obi-Wan: These are your first steps.


See how the Lucasfilm-approved subtitles differs COMPLETELY from both what the guy said to me and Regal coded for the movie?

Don't believe me? Link: http://www.businessinsider.com/star-wars-rey-vision-explained-2016-3


Post Posted: March 30th 2016 8:29 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
This is different to what StarWarsNewsNet is claiming.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/reys-visions-maz-kanatas-castle-audio-analyzed.html

They claim Palpatine is in there.

[00:08] Yoda: “It’s energy…“
[00:14] Yoda: “…surrounds us… and binds us.“
[00:14] Luke: “No! No!“
[00:21] Obi-Wan: “You will be tempted…“
[00:23] Obi-Wan: “But you cannot control it.“
[00:25] Yoda again: “surrounds us…“
[00:25] Obi-Wan: “The Force will be…“
[00:35] Palpatine speaks to Anakin: “…any Jedi!”
[00:38] Obi-Wan: “You will do it…“
[00:48] Obi-Wan: “Rey…“
[00:53] Obi-Wan: “These are your first steps.“

Downloadable audio of it: (Right Click/Save Target As): Rey-Audio.mp3


Post Posted: March 30th 2016 9:53 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Captain Walker wrote:
Downloadable audio of it: (Right Click/Save Target As): Rey-Audio.mp3

I feel the need to educate you on who I am...

I AM DEAF. AS IN I CANNOT HEAR. Downloading an audio file will not do anything for me. You want proof? Wait for the disc to drop next week then I'll be glad to post screenshots from my iPhone with every single subtitle from the scene.


Post Posted: March 31st 2016 5:15 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3431
I'm blind, so I can't see what you typed. Could you repeat it?


Post Posted: March 31st 2016 11:10 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Bandersnatch wrote:
I'm blind, so I can't see what you typed. Could you repeat it?


Bordrerline discrimination right there. And people like you in America wonder why we're viewed as the laughingstock in other parts of the world.

At least I'm glad to be from Syracuse.. Yeah, my teams went to the Final Four. :)


Post Posted: March 31st 2016 3:45 pm
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
why doesnt it say vader breathing? The audio file is very clear... what you posted Freezus is incomplete. I understand you cant hear it, I dont understand how captions work, and theres really no way for you to know what theyve left out. I will say that the people have cleaned up the audio and found the clips from other movies (palpatine) and done "side by side" comparisons. I understand you have to just "take our word" for it, but theres no sense in arguing what I hear against what you are reading.


Post Posted: March 31st 2016 5:27 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
holy shit, not this again??! Listen you deaf nerd bastard, You're right, winner winner chicken dinner. It's Palpatine, it's Darth Maul, it's a fucking Jawa crackhead that speaks to her through the magical lightsaber. What the fuck ever, just quit shitting up every GODDAMN thread you come into and arguing over this bullshit that only you care about! shit fire man.


Post Posted: March 31st 2016 6:31 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
Captain Walker wrote:
This is different to what StarWarsNewsNet is claiming.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/reys-visions-maz-kanatas-castle-audio-analyzed.html

They claim Palpatine is in there.

Downloadable audio of it: (Right Click/Save Target As)
http://www.jedicenter.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Rey-Audio.mp3


Freezus wrote:
I feel the need to educate you on who I am... I AM DEAF. AS IN I CANNOT HEAR. Downloading an audio file will not do anything for me. You want proof? Wait for the disc to drop next week then I'll be glad to post screenshots from my iPhone with every single subtitle from the scene.

Bandersnatch wrote:
I'm blind, so I can't see what you typed. Could you repeat it?

Freezus wrote:
Bordrerline discrimination right there. And people like you in America wonder why we're viewed as the laughingstock in other parts of the world.

Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of Americans in other parts of the world.

It's just jealousy anyway.

I'm not sure why you decided to give me attitude. :whateva:

I'd tell you to go F^&k yourself, but you wouldn't hear it.

But at least you can read it here.

bearvomit wrote:
holy shit, not this again??! Listen you deaf nerd bastard, You're right, winner winner chicken dinner. It's Palpatine, it's Darth Maul, it's a fucking Jawa crackhead that speaks to her through the magical lightsaber. What the fuck ever, just quit shitting up every GODDAMN thread you come into and arguing over this bullshit that only you care about! shit fire man.


:lol: :metal:


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 9:57 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
why doesnt it say vader breathing? The audio file is very clear... what you posted Freezus is incomplete. I understand you cant hear it, I dont understand how captions work, and theres really no way for you to know what theyve left out. I will say that the people have cleaned up the audio and found the clips from other movies (palpatine) and done "side by side" comparisons. I understand you have to just "take our word" for it, but theres no sense in arguing what I hear against what you are reading.


Actually, now that I remember who you are, you were the one who brought this argument into the other thread after you called in question about my deafness. You're right you don't understand how captioning works. That stuff is best left to us deaf folks AND disability advocates who work at various movie studios.

That being said, that dialogue I posted in this thread was copied and pasted from Business Insiders exactly as they were on the article. But good luck trying to move the goal posts.


bearvomit wrote:
holy shit, not this again??! Listen you deaf nerd bastard, You're right, winner winner chicken dinner. It's Palpatine, it's Darth Maul, it's a fucking Jawa crackhead that speaks to her through the magical lightsaber. What the fuck ever, just quit shitting up every GODDAMN thread you come into and arguing over this bullshit that only you care about! shit fire man.


Aren't all geeks nerds? Oh wait, I am a geek. Way to shoot yourself in the foot on that one, Bear. :) Anyways, the debate we had was left unresolved. I came here to resolve it.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:04 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Captain Walker wrote:
Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of Americans in other parts of the world.

It's just jealousy anyway.

I'm not sure why you decided to give me attitude. :whateva:

I'd tell you to go F^&k yourself, but you wouldn't hear it.

But at least you can read it here.


What attitude? I didn't come here to attack you - you weren't the person who started the whole subtitle debate back in December.

I was going to say the same thing to Houski, but I reined my attitude in.. But since you wanted to tell me to go fuck myself....in the immortal words of Hugh Jackson's Wolverine:

"Fuck off." :)

I'm sure since you give no fucks about the other parts of the world. This can easily prove that you're a Trump supporter since Trump openly support discrimination.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:08 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
It was actually a pleasant conversation compared to your other interactions. You can't explain colors to a blind man. I'm a forensic audiologist and a violinist on the side... It's my job to hear things very well. You act as if we are making something up because it's not in the captions. I'm asking you why they would leave that info out of the captions. I don't care if you believe me, I'm asking if you think they put 100% of the sound in captions?


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:27 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
It was actually a pleasant conversation compared to your other interactions. You can't explain colors to a blind man. I'm a forensic audiologist and a violinist on the side... It's my job to hear things very well. You act as if we are making something up because it's not in the captions. I'm asking you why they would leave that info out of the captions. I don't care if you believe me, I'm asking if you think they put 100% of the sound in captions?


I really don't believe that you're an audiologist if you don't understand the captioning side of everything. If you were really one, then you'd have been trained to understand this shit very well considering how some audiologists work with deaf people ON A DAILY BASIS. In some cases, It's the audiologist's job to get deaf people fitted with hearing aids and cochlear implants. I believe that said training would cover ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Google it up, young'uns.) which includes captioning. To tell a deaf person that they're wrong about what's shown in the movie is pretty damning. It's a blatant ignorance of the ADA at best. You also claimed that LFL approved the subtitles in theatres when the finalized blu-ray version is radically different from what you claim to have heard.

Yeah they would. I mean, the Prequels and Original Trilogy showed sound effects on the screen all the time, but that was under the George Lucas regime.

Yeah, It was pleasant because it was a REAL adult debate about a Star Wars related topic. It wasn't like the other members here who just openly discriminate against me by throwing mud at me. (I'm looking at you guys: Walker, CoGro, Bander, and Bear.)


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:34 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
The thread is the "VII questions" thread if you want to reread.

Ive not said a thing negatively about your deafness.

I clean audio for people that need to hear it... No captions involved. I don't do the transcripts either. They don't want my opinion about what I hear. Not my job. Doesn't mean I don't hear things. I clean it till I can hear it. That's why I asked about captions. Everyone I know or interact with can hear.

I'm telling you that they don't caption everything. Just because it's approved doesn't mean it's everything.

Not interested in a fight. There are enough people here that dislike your internet persona.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:42 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
We learned more criminal justice than anything about the ear. I don't fit hearing aids. I'm more like an audio engineer, work in audio forensics for a private company. But we are called forensic audiologists.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:51 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
The thread is the "VII questions" thread if you want to reread.

Ive not said a thing negatively about your deafness.

I clean audio for people that need to hear it... No captions involved. I don't do the transcripts either. They don't want my opinion about what I hear. Not my job. Doesn't mean I don't hear things. I clean it till I can hear it. That's why I asked about captions. Everyone I know or interact with can hear.

Once again you didn't answer the question. Do you think they caption every little noise? I'm telling you that they don't. Just because it's approved doesn't mean it's everything.

Not interested in a fight. There are enough people here that dislike your internet persona.


I posted the article because it was relevant to home video in this case, the Blu-ray and DVD home releases. It just makes sense to post it here because IT IS tied to home releases.

You didn't say anything negatively about my deafness. Didn't I point this out in my last post..? You simply said I was wrong when the movie first came out. Simple as that.

Funny, you say you clean everything til you can hear it, but do you realize that everyone can hear at varying levels that they might consider "clean" right? For example, a Star Wars fan can claim to hear one thing in a debate with a theatre projectionist in which said projectionist can claim to say, "No, it's not there." Why? Because every single person hears at many different levels.

And I did answer your question, yes they do for most movies - see my response about the other six films.

As for my "internet" persona. This is my real life persona. What you claim is my "internet" persona and my real life persona are one and the same. I am blunt. I always tell the truth. I am not afraid to speak what's on my mind. If this infuriates some people, that isn't really my problem. I've seen enough people on here share too much stories about their real lives (Cryostar, Troyoblix, etc) enough for any hacker to track them down and expose them to the world. This is a Star Wars forum not some soap opera forum just because some people are still pissed that the Chew replaced a lot of daytime soap opera shows, lol.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:53 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
We learned more criminal justice than anything about the ear. I don't fit hearing aids. I'm more like an audio engineer, work in audio forensics for a private company. But we are called forensic audiologists.


Hence why I corrected myself to say SOME not all audiologists.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 10:57 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
I saw you answered. Didn't see it on my phone. Too small. My eyes aren't that good.

I'm well aware of people's limitations. I'll filter stuff to the point that I can hear it, have someone argue it's not there... It's my job to work on it until the majority hears it.

I'm surprised you argue about what is heard, when you can't hear... With such fervor.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 11:01 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
I saw you answered. Didn't see it on my phone. Too small. My eyes aren't that good.

I'm well aware of people's limitations. I'll filter stuff to the point that I can hear it, have someone argue it's not there... It's my job to work on it until the majority hears it.

I'm surprised you argue about what is heard, when you can't hear... With such fervor.


Isn't it obvious? I love these Star Wars films much as everyone else do. That's why I want to get involved with that type of debates. If the other party don't want to engage me in a debate regarding what I consider to be one of my passions, that's really on them, not me.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 11:04 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
As for the palapatine quote... It doesn't really make sense to be in the vision. It's from the opera scene in III I think. I didn't notice it until it was filtered in that above clip and played right after the opera scene for reference. Not sure why they felt the need to include that line.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 11:06 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
That doesn't bother me. Im trying to help by telling you what's been left out of the captions. I'd think you'd want to know the little intricate bits that the average person may miss.

I've never watched a movie with the captions on outside of foreign language films. I will certainly start. This has me interested.


Post Posted: April 1st 2016 11:11 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
As for the palapatine quote... It doesn't really make sense to be in the vision. It's from the opera scene in III I think. I didn't notice it until it was filtered in that above clip and played right after the opera scene for reference. Not sure why they felt the need to include that line.


*shrugs.* Like I said, varying degrees of what people can hear. I guess we'll have to find out in few days when the disc drops.

Hokusai wrote:
That doesn't bother me. Im trying to help by telling you what's been left out of the captions. I'd think you'd want to know the little intricate bits that the average person may miss.


I would, but like I said, it was really on Regal to provide the best experience regarding subtitles. Did they fail at that? I certainly won't be able to know til I get it on Blu-Ray.

Hokusai wrote:
I've never watched a movie with the captions on outside of foreign language films. I will certainly start. This has me interested.


You can start by watching the other six films if you're interested in watching them with subtitles on.


Post Posted: April 2nd 2016 1:34 pm
 

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Southern California
This is interesting. I can't wait to obsess over TFA on Blu-ray. I don't think, however, that Regal or other theatre chains have anything to do with captioning a film. Studios hire other companies to caption, usually the company that provides a DI or other post-production services. Disney/LFL would have final approval of the scripts before theatrical release. It is possible, however, that Disney/LFL did this completely in-house, with no other company hired to provide captioning, because of scenes like this. A job this high-profile requires some serious "eyes only" security.


Post Posted: April 3rd 2016 1:31 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Longtime_Sunshine wrote:
This is interesting. I can't wait to obsess over TFA on Blu-ray. I don't think, however, that Regal or other theatre chains have anything to do with captioning a film. Studios hire other companies to caption, usually the company that provides a DI or other post-production services. Disney/LFL would have final approval of the scripts before theatrical release. It is possible, however, that Disney/LFL did this completely in-house, with no other company hired to provide captioning, because of scenes like this. A job this high-profile requires some serious "eyes only" security.


So you think Disney/LFL approved and had final say over subtitles that can easily malfunction through this gizmo?

millenniumfalcon.com

By the way, these glasses is produced by Sony and sold to various theatre chains for $1,000 each. So that's why I don't think Disney/LFL had any control over what's transmitted to these glasses. Regal/Sony likely did. If Disney/LFL did these subtitles, then it would have been more closer to what the script intended and matched what's in the finalized version of the Blu-Ray disc.


Post Posted: April 3rd 2016 11:53 am
 

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Southern California
Longtime_Sunshine wrote:
This is interesting. I can't wait to obsess over TFA on Blu-ray. I don't think, however, that Regal or other theatre chains have anything to do with captioning a film. Studios hire other companies to caption, usually the company that provides a DI or other post-production services. Disney/LFL would have final approval of the scripts before theatrical release. It is possible, however, that Disney/LFL did this completely in-house, with no other company hired to provide captioning, because of scenes like this. A job this high-profile requires some serious "eyes only" security.

Freezus wrote:
So you think Disney/LFL approved and had final say over subtitles that can easily malfunction through this gizmo?

millenniumfalcon.com

By the way, these glasses is produced by Sony and sold to various theatre chains for $1,000 each. So that's why I don't think Disney/LFL had any control over what's transmitted to these glasses. Regal/Sony likely did. If Disney/LFL did these subtitles, then it would have been more closer to what the script intended and matched what's in the finalized version of the Blu-Ray disc.


Yes. Only because I work for the company that captioned the IMAX release of the film. A guy from Disney/LFL/IMAX hovered over the desk of the lone captioner who worked on the reels. We also did the Disney Parks Star Wars content. They hire clients to create the accessibility content and it gets QC'd by them in the end.

If there's a mistake or something in the subtitle, it could be a number of things. Since captioning is part of post, sometimes they work with non-final material. Sometimes it's human error. In a scene like that, with indistinct, overlapping dialogue, a transcriber may have to use their best judgment. Then things can slip past QC and appear before your eyes. Hopefully if it's caught, it'll be fixed for home video. Maybe that happened here?


Post Posted: April 3rd 2016 4:12 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Longtime_Sunshine wrote:

Yes. Only because I work for the company that captioned the IMAX release of the film. A guy from Disney/LFL/IMAX hovered over the desk of the lone captioner who worked on the reels. We also did the Disney Parks Star Wars content. They hire clients to create the accessibility content and it gets QC'd by them in the end.

If there's a mistake or something in the subtitle, it could be a number of things. Since captioning is part of post, sometimes they work with non-final material. Sometimes it's human error. In a scene like that, with indistinct, overlapping dialogue, a transcriber may have to use their best judgment. Then things can slip past QC and appear before your eyes. Hopefully if it's caught, it'll be fixed for home video. Maybe that happened here?


I honestly doubt Disney/LFL would send an army of representatives to what, about 10,000 theaters in the country to ensure everything goes well. Most likely that as the picture that I posted last night, the subtitles I saw was likely a digital file that Sony sent down to Regal. Don't forget a teenager handed these glasses to me and they could have been careless in handling the equipment. (C'mon, when you were a teenager, I'm positive you wouldn't have cared about ANYTHING either) I'm just saying since it is not projected onto the screen like back in the days of the Prequel Trilogy. Even back in the 2000's, when I-III came out, there was rarely errors since the captioning matched what was on the home DVD releases. As for TFA, the captioning matched the script almost. The only thing that certain scene was missing was Darth Vader's breathing and extra lines that Hokusi have claimed to hear. But We have seen the final subtitles that will be for the Blu-Ray release and it contradicts all three sources (Hokusi, the script, and myself) completely. The only way we can settle this debate is through the Blu-Ray disc which will be here officially in few days. Maybe Abrams ended up getting that George Lucas touch and decided to redo minor things for the home video, lol.


Post Posted: April 3rd 2016 8:51 pm
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
Does the iTunes version have CC?


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 1:32 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
Does the iTunes version have CC?


Yeah it does. I don't plan on buying it on iTunes because 1)I dont like to watch movies on tiny screens. I prefer my TV since its bigger and 2) $20 for the movie plus few extras when the Blu-Ray includes Blu-Ray, DVD and a digital copy with tons of extras? I'd rather have the physical media, thank you.


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 5:12 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3431
I'd rather have physical media too, but having it on iTunes, Amazon Video, etc. does not mean you have to watch it on a tiny screen. If you have WiFi in your home, you can watch your iTunes on your big TV.


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 4:12 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Bandersnatch wrote:
I'd rather have physical media too, but having it on iTunes, Amazon Video, etc. does not mean you have to watch it on a tiny screen. If you have WiFi in your home, you can watch your iTunes on your big TV.



Few problems with that statement - let me break it down for you:

1)Where did I say "I HAVE to watch it on my tiny iPad Mini?" If you'd recall, I said this:

Freezus wrote:

I dont like to watch movies on tiny screens.


That is me CHOOSING NOT to watch it on an iPad.

2)You were under the assumption that I have a modern TV with USB ports, 4k and wifi support, etc. My TV is a 2009 Philips 32' inches set. That means no USB, 4K, wifi support. It still works to this day and the picture quality is fine at 1080i.

That being said, I choose to simply buy the movie on disc than to spend $300 which I do not have to upgrade my tv set plus $20 on itunes for ONE movie. It's just not feasible.


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 6:22 pm
 
Bush Pilot
User avatar

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
Posts: 1453
:vfuckoff:

This is not a constructive discussion. It belongs in reservation.


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 6:57 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Topeka wrote:
:vfuckoff:

This is not a constructive discussion. It belongs in reservation.


So you think discussing about all forms of home releases regarding TFA isn't constructive?

Looks like a stealth discriminatory post to me. That or you really do have a reading problem enough to say, "Wahh!" when us REAL adults come here to actually have a debate. You'd rather spend a bulk of your posts throwing mud at other people.

This site reminds me so much of :gb2tfn:'s early days. It really makes me wonder if :goomf: and :gb2tfn: are all both on the same coin. Just different sides; both immature in how they conduct themselves.


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 8:33 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2539
Location: Toronto, Canada
I watched the blu-ray tonight and was amazing by the excellent sound design in this film. For audiophiles, this is a demo disc for sure.

I especially enjoyed the clarity of the dialogue, where I was able to hear the incredibly nuanced Rey "force back" sequence. Loved the call out to Palpatine's dialogue, as well as a few gems from Obi-wan.

Anybody else really enjoy the sound in TFA?


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 9:21 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
CoGro wrote:
I watched the blu-ray tonight and was amazing by the excellent sound design in this film. For audiophiles, this is a demo disc for sure.

I especially enjoyed the clarity of the dialogue, where I was able to hear the incredibly nuanced Rey "force back" sequence. Loved the call out to Palpatine's dialogue, as well as a few gems from Obi-wan.

Anybody else really enjoy the sound in TFA?


Way to ruin it all for us, CoGro. You couldn't have waited til we all got it tomorrow? You know, getting an advance copy is a luxury that many do not have. You just made this whole discussion seem one sided when you're sitting there saying, "Yeah I have the disc." Especially when no one else has experienced this disc knowing we couldn't discuss scenes, sound, subtitles, and the extras with you?


Post Posted: April 4th 2016 11:27 pm
 
Bush Pilot
User avatar

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
Posts: 1453
CoGro wrote:
Anybody else really enjoy the sound in TFA?


LISTENING to the film is a great experience. The audio has carefully nuanced layers in many scenes and I think the entire saga just can't be the same without Williams' score.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 5:33 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3431
Freezus wrote:

2)You were under the assumption that I have a modern TV with USB ports, 4k and wifi support, etc. My TV is a 2009 Philips 32' inches set. That means no USB, 4K, wifi support. It still works to this day and the picture quality is fine at 1080i.


And I have a 2007 Panasonic plasma display. It doesn't have a USB port either. It doesn't need it. It has HDMI, which my Blu Ray player is plugged into. Like many Blu Ray players, mine has a WiFi tuner. I can easily stream anything I want to my TV - iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, etc...

But, as mentioned, I prefer having the physical disc anyway.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 8:55 am
 
User avatar

Join: September 2nd 2015 2:47 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Parts Unknown
CoGro wrote:
Anybody else really enjoy the sound in TFA?


Topeka wrote:
LISTENING to the film is a great experience. The audio has carefully nuanced layers in many scenes and I think the entire saga just can't be the same without Williams' score.


millenniumfalcon.com

millenniumfalcon.com


In all seriousness, I will be picking up a steelbook TFA BD in a couple of hours. I so excite!


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 11:28 am
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Bandersnatch wrote:
And I have a 2007 Panasonic plasma display. It doesn't have a USB port either. It doesn't need it. It has HDMI, which my Blu Ray player is plugged into. Like many Blu Ray players, mine has a WiFi tuner. I can easily stream anything I want to my TV - iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, etc...

But, as mentioned, I prefer having the physical disc anyway.


I have TWO Blu-Ray Players (PS3 and PS4.) Neither have a wifi tuner and I never said my tv set didn't have HDMI. I figured you'd know since HDMI is pretty much standard.

kmartnintendude wrote:

In all seriousness, I will be picking up a steelbook TFA BD in a couple of hours. I so excite!


Another driveby discriminatory post. Keep going, you've proved to the world that bigotry, racism, and misogyny is alive and well in America.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 12:48 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2539
Location: Toronto, Canada
Excuse me, but the rest of us are trying to have a perfectly normal conversation about the audio track and quality of a film we greatly enjoy. Please stop discriminating against the hearing enabled. We have the right to conversation too.

I greatly appreciate your cooperation.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 2:13 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
CoGro wrote:
Excuse me, but the rest of us are trying to have a perfectly normal conversation about the audio track and quality of a film we greatly enjoy. Please stop discriminating against the hearing enabled. We have the right to conversation too.

I greatly appreciate your cooperation.


Image


That's a troll post. Thanks for showing that even Canadians such as yourself are not immune against discrimination. In short, you're still discriminating against the disabled. I wonder if you're really like this in real life? You're lucky I don't live in Toronto otherwise I'd have loved to track you down, and go everywhere you go and see if you truly care for the disabled. The bad part? I live in Syracuse so I'm only few hours away from you.

That being said, NO ONE is saying you can't discuss both things. I simply asked you to hold it off until today. I guess you're a teenager since you can't read what us adults are trying to say.

You, Topeka, Bear and Bander remind me of Peanuts in which the characters go, "I don't understand what the adults are saying if all they say is, 'Wah wah wah.'" Truth.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 3:37 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 10th 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 397
Location: Mon Calamari
Wow, what set off 'ol Nancy Boy Freezus here? Aside from his unnecessary rambling, I'm really looking forward to the sound experience on the Blu-ray. I'm glad to hear (pun intended) that the audio has the attention to detail I expected. Thanks for the feedback.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 3:42 pm
 

Join: October 15th 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 39
Location: Armchair, Attic
Freezus wrote:
I simply asked you to hold it off until today


Then I simply ask you to leave this site and never return. Pretty, pretty please!
Oh, and before you suggest I'm a bigot or Lucifer or whatnot - I discriminate you (with deep, European satisfaction!) because you are a whiny bitch and a condescending rick (the "p" is silent) and not because you can't hear.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 3:55 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Much Softer wrote:
Then I simply ask you to leave this site and never return. Pretty, pretty please!
Oh, and before you suggest I'm a bigot or Lucifer or whatnot - I discriminate you (with deep, European satisfaction!) because you are a whiny bitch and a condescending rick (the "p" is silent) and not because you can't hear.


Naw since you're the condescending one and refuse to recognize my right to be a Star Wars fan, the Force will now tip against you and few other people that discriminated against me. The shroud has fallen. Bad karma is coming for you and few others in here. So something happens to you or your children, think back to this moment in time and you will realize why. In other words, as long you and the others remain to be total cunts about my natural given right to be a fan, I will not leave. So... I kindly decline your request with a Irish word: Níl. If you're an European, you'll know what it means in English. :)


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 4:14 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 10th 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 397
Location: Mon Calamari
Freezus wrote:
Red-Eye Knight wrote:
And since you made that pun intentional, that is considered discrimination.



I'm guessing you're deaf? Didn't know you were deaf. So if you'll never hear the audio of the Blu-ray, why do you care if it's spoiled a day ahead of time?


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 4:21 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Red-Eye Knight wrote:
I'm guessing you're deaf? Didn't know you ere deaf. So if you'll never hear the audio of the Blu-ray, why do you care if it's spoiled a day ahead of time?


Where were you when I made few posts on the first page in which I made it clear for the third time that I AM DEAF? I care because it can spoil certain parts of the movies and second, it can help the discussion when everyone and their mothers literally have the movie in their hands.

If you were to tell everyone that you have an advance copy, knowing full that no one else has the movie, it becomes so one-sided, you might as well have Donald Trump come in and do all the talking for you. That's how one sided it can be.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 5:09 pm
 

Join: December 18th 2015 7:49 pm
Posts: 37
CoGro didn't ruin anything. It's not like he saw the movie early and posted legitimate spoilers in a non-spoiler thread. He's talking about audio quality, which shouldn't even matter to someone who is deaf.

He can post whatever the hell he wants because it's become a home video discussion. SOUNDS like you're crying over nothing...


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 5:55 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
prox wrote:
CoGro didn't ruin anything. It's not like he saw the movie early and posted legitimate spoilers in a non-spoiler thread. He's talking about audio quality, which shouldn't even matter to someone who is deaf.

He can post whatever the hell he wants because it's become a home video discussion. SOUNDS like you're crying over nothing...



Oh look! *points* Here's another narrow minded bigot with yet another discriminatory post!

It matters because Hokusi and I had a discussion about subtitles and I made it clear that I would prefer to find out for myself because people can claim this and there then pass off turd as something really special.

I really hope in 100 years, we'll have evolved past this kind of petty behavior... Oh wait, we'll never know since humankind already fucked itself when we as a race decided to ignore all the global climate warnings.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 7:00 pm
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 282
if they leave something out of the subtitles that all of us hear... in your world it wont exist, correct? That sort of makes a discussion difficult. I will be surprised if it says (palpatine: any jedi)... its very buried in the audio... yet I dont know if you understand the multiple layers of sound. No bigotry here, I really dont know how to explain red to a blind person... but a blind person wants to tell me that red doesnt exist. make sense?


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 7:25 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
if they leave something out of the subtitles that all of us hear... in your world it wont exist, correct? That sort of makes a discussion difficult. I will be surprised if it says (palpatine: any jedi)... its very buried in the audio... yet I dont know if you understand the multiple layers of sound. No bigotry here, I really dont know how to explain red to a blind person... but a blind person wants to tell me that red doesnt exist. make sense?


Again, subtitles from a theatrical run CAN be different from subtitles in the home video releases. And that article I posted suggests it is different from what you said, I cited and even different from what the OFFICIAL shooting script says. If you'd recall the script does not include the Palpatine stuff. Even the home video releases can cover the many layers of sound with subtitles. Why are you having a difficult time understanding this area if you have a lot of discs that deal with this stuff using subtitles?

Also I should point out that audio CAN be remixed, just look at how many times ANH has been remixed since '77 both in 35mm and 70mm up to the home releases. (Yes, I watch documentaries on this stuff.) And each time it comes out sounding different from what people say over the years to the point where nobody really knows. It's difficult to tell which audio is the definitive '77 audio anymore due to missing sound effects, replaced lines, and stuff of that nature these days.


Post Posted: April 5th 2016 11:16 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 199
Hokusai wrote:
Discs dealing with subtitles? Not sure what you're talking about.


You mean to tell me that you don't know what the options in the languages menu on every disc that you've watched is for? :lol:


Post Posted: April 6th 2016 5:33 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3431
Freezus wrote:
I never said my tv set didn't have HDMI.

I never said you said your TV didn't have HDMI.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
  Page 1, 2  Next



Jump to:  




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©