[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Disney Acquires Lucasfilm • 10.12
It is currently December 4th 2020 6:22 am

Page 1, 2  Next
Post Posted: October 30th 2012 3:10 pm

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 3:39 pm

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Episode 7 is a reality. Can't wrap my head around this to be honest. Based on the past production schedule, conceptual work would already be well underway and casting should start soon, with shooting happening next summer. All feels so rushed.

Given that the Ep. 7 announcement was so prominent in the release, can't help but feel like this is a promise from Disney to its investors that they can count on a hard return on their investment quickly. Feels cheap and hollow to me.

Then again, I feel like I am in a great minority in that I enjoy the PT as much as the OT, so...

Something about this just doesn't feel right, though.

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 3:45 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
WTF. :wowowow:

Quite the monolith-building move by Lucas. This'll take a while to process and warm to if that's even possible.

A side of me is excited and curious as to what these new films will be like, but another side of me (the somewhat naive side, actually) thinks this is one of the greatest sell-outs in movie history. I mean, hasn't George Lucas referred to the Star Wars saga as the most successful independent film series ever produced? I guess they can still retain that identity, but something inside of me abhors the plotting and strategies of these massive corporate conglomerates.

I'm actually getting weak at the knees just thinking about what this means as a fan and, more specifically, as an MFer. :heavymetal:

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 3:58 pm

Good blog entry by Pablo here.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index. ... he-future/

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 4:17 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
I'm levelled by this announcement.

Without realising it I was secure in the fact Lucas had complete control over his EMPIRE and that the 6 movies were completed. Now Disney has straight up announced Ep VII....hmm.

I just hope this works...

SI

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 4:48 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Call me naive, but I absolutely never thought I would live to see this day.

The prequels might be divisive and have their share of problems, but they were made with a PLAN in mind. They gave us the untold story of Anakin and completed the journey of Skywalker that Star Wars was based around. Everything else - the EU, the games, the comics, the TV shows - has always felt like filler to me. Some of it very good filler, but the hallowed grounds were the films. I never thought Lucas would make VII-IX because he had already completed his journey. The story that needed to be told was done.

This announcement was made with one thing in mind: dollar signs. That's it. No untold story, no plan, no fan lust or desire or anticipation to learn more about what else is going on in the film universe. It's pissing on hallowed grounds and, as of this moment, feels like the most sell-out announcement in movie history.

I have only a single hope for this new series: Kathleen Kennedy. I hope they make the right choices here both from a story and production standpoint or this might turn incredibly ugly. There are no fans more passionate than Star Wars fans and a good segment of those fans have a very bad taste in their mouths regarding this franchise's last trilogy.

I'd really get excited if Spielberg got involved.

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 4:53 pm

According to a recent conference regarding the deal, there is an "extensive and detailed treatment" for the planned trilogy. I'm guessing Lucas was highly involved with this. If so, that sweetens this whole thing for me... a bit.

For some reason (not really a mystery - I'm kind of a filmmaker with a strong focus in cinematography), the main thing that I'm concerned about is whether they'll abandon or retain the classy, restrained, classical visual style of the Original Saga (you heard it here first :) ). I'd hate to see the new episodes look like The Old Republic cut scenes. Ugh. :mad:

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 5:04 pm

I like looking at it backwards:

2015 is release
2014 principle shooting is done
2014 conceptual visualization done
2013 screen-writing is done

Which means that disney has a couple months to get the screen-writers hired and working.

Look, Disney does this part well. REALLY well. They know how to produce things, the question is, what are they producing? This isn't going to be a Luke/Leia/Han story, they're too old. Is this a Jaina/Ben story? Do they completely annihilate the EU and go somewhere else? It's all up in the air.

More over, what does this mean for McCallum, Filoni and Pablo? Will Clone Wars survive?

I'm willing to be that Dark Horse will get all the rights to it's comics bought out. Same with Del Rey (Which I applaud, fabulously).

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 5:22 pm

Join: November 10th 2003 6:58 am

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 5:23 pm

Site Admin

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 5:27 pm

The Revanchist

Join: June 28th 2003 7:00 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 5:31 pm

Straight from the man himself:

[flash width=640 height=385]http://www.youtube.com/v/YyqlTi7lkhY?fs=1[/flash]

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 6:01 pm

Join: April 20th 2004 11:57 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 6:05 pm

Join: January 11th 2011 10:46 am

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 8:43 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
I've apparently been under a rock all day. It seems that we need a Sequel Trilogy forum now.

I might as well go all fan-boy and blurt out a guesstimated plot for Episode 7. I’m going to assume that Lucas will use the next movie as means of joining all three generations of SW fans (OT, PT, & TCW). Here’s my nerdy synopsis: Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) must race to find Ahsoka who has been in secret exile since the Clone Wars. (Ahsoka faked her death and went into hiding after she received a vision of Anakin’s fateful turn.) She presently possesses information key to the survival the New Republic and the now dying Force. Along the way, Luke receives guidance from the spirit of his father (played by Hayden Christensen). Since his death, Anakin has been locked in purgatorial state. In order to receive full redemption, Anakin, Luke, and Leia must find a way to atone for the crimes Vader committed during the reign of the Empire .

Of course, the movie could be completely unrelated to 1-6. As others have pointed out, it seems that the Skywalker story has already been told by Lucas.

I wonder if Williams is coming back to do the music? They should let Hans Zimmer score Episode 7 just to fuck with CoGro. :masterstroke:

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 8:56 pm

Join: December 13th 2008 11:08 am

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 9:06 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 9:09 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 9:26 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 10:59 pm

Bush Pilot

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm

Post Posted: October 30th 2012 11:39 pm

Join: May 12th 2007 4:37 am
This is old news - E7 was announced by Lucas himself last year: see at 00:30 :monocle:

[flash width=645 height=385]http://www.youtube.com/v/Drfpc1k3JcY?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1[/flash]

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 1:37 am

Site Admin • Ternian@hotmail.com

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 2:33 am

Join: April 20th 2004 11:57 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 2:49 am

Join: July 24th 2004 6:46 am

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 6:47 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 8:08 am

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 8:17 am

Site Admin

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 8:36 am

I would like to note, the press release regarding the purchase indicates that Episode 7-9 will continue the story of Luke, Han and Leia. In one way or another, they will have to be involved.

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 10:04 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 10:06 am

Join: February 22nd 2004 1:16 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 10:57 am

Join: April 25th 2010 4:21 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 11:36 am

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 11:39 am

Post Posted: October 31st 2012 12:07 pm