Post Posted: April 12th 2019 12:15 pm

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Holy Sith!

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 1:02 pm

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
Not a bad trailer...

That was one of the most awkward panels I've ever seen.

Was it tense or was that just me?

I remember the Celebration Anaheim TFA panel was like a rock concert.

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 1:38 pm

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm
Not really feeling the title at the moment even though it does raise some speculative questions. I dig the trailer though, it stirred some genuine excitement unlike the first TLJ trailer did for me.

So let's start the discusssion. Do you think the Emperor's laugh was just used for the trailer's sake or will he (or his influence) play a part in the film? Does the title bring into question Rey's parentage again or does it mean something else entirely?

Oh, shit! Just noticed the wrecked remains of the Death Star in that ocean shot at the end! Interesting. If I recall correctly, some of the early concept art for TFA had the Emperor’s throne room submerged underwater.

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 1:55 pm

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
I called it about Rey being a Skywalker. The title and the heavy focus on Rey says it all.. I knew Abrams was playing games with us all. I just choose NOT to be gullible :)

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 2:04 pm

OBGYN

Ian McD showed up at the end of the trailer at the Chicago Geek Fest. So yeah, I'd say that Sidious is still around, like Morgoth or Sauron.

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 2:20 pm

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
Why else bother with all that Project Resurrection stuff?
Of course it is Palpy! Or maybe Jar Jar is force-altering his own voice ...

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 3:18 pm

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
What if Palps had a son?

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 4:36 pm

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
Or he is resurrected as Rey

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 5:10 pm

Join: December 30th 2004 7:13 am
A clone from the hand of Skywalker vs the newest vessel of Palpatine ?

Post Posted: April 12th 2019 11:50 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
The movie could be about a Vader clone, Sheev's grand-kids, or an army of Snoke ghosts versus 999 Praetorian guards versus 7 Death Stars versus sexagenarian Boba Fett. The ST trailers can be inscrutable - so just about anything is fair game.

It's interesting that awesomely powerful Rey appears to have returned. (She was last seen in the TFA.) Will Rey do Force-tastic feats that make Starkiller in The Force Unleashed seem restrained by comparison? (Half of me wishes yes and half of me wishes no.)

Is Palpatine only back, because Johnson took Snoke off the table? Will J.J. adopt the convoluted prequels theory that Palpatine manipulated the midi-chlorians to create Anakin? Is Rey the reincarnation of Anakin and thus Palpatine's "heir to the Empire?"

Does Rey adopt the last name "Skywalker" as sign of her spiritual lineage or merely as a symbol of hope for the galaxy? Or, is she still "nobody" from "nowhere" and there is a yet unknown new "Skywalker" out there?

Is J.J. stealing his title from the Nolan's? In other words, does the movie's "Skywalker" ultimately rise to heaven a la Nolan's Dark Knight? Is the title about Anakin "Skywalker" doing one last good deed and finally rising from the material "Living" Force world to the "Cosmic" Force-heaven?

Billy Dee laughing took me back to my childhood. Thanks for that J.J. - you do make good trailers. I really hope this film is amazingly epic and not the overstuffed incoherent retcon shit-storm I fear it may turn-out to be.

I am glad that Disney is taking a breather before the next set of films. I hope this gives the creative teams time to map out a logical path for each episode in the new trilogies. So far, the relay race approach for the ST has resulted in an OT-copying reboot film (TFA) and a surprisingly subversive second act (TLJ). That's interesting, but a bit too clumsy for me.

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 12:45 am

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Strong show!

I'm going dark on this now. I wasn't born in time for ROTJ, I spoiled myself silly for ROTS and now I want this to be the last, great, unspoiled, cap-of-trilogy Star Wars experience. See ya'll in December!!

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 1:24 am

Join: January 23rd 2005 8:45 am
Good plan, Somna. We'll see you on the other side ;)

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 8:01 am

OBGYN

I've been wondering if the title has as much to do with the entire Saga (Episodes I - IX) as with this one apparently final episode.

Notice at the beginning of the teaser, the words "Every Generation Has A Legend" is the same font as the opening of the first teaser for The Phantom Menace, which read "Every Saga Has A Beginning?" :monocles:

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 8:07 am

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
The part of the trailer I'm most intrigued by is the shot where our heroes are looking at an apocalyptic landscape, which many have speculated, is Endor with huge chunks of Death Star II laid bare. If this is the direction the story of Ep9 is taking, I am HERE for this!

I'll reserve judgment on the title until I see how it plays out in the final film.

I have to hand it to those marketing folks - they know how to make a trailer. The gold standard in the industry.

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 11:51 am

Join: December 30th 2004 7:13 am
Something a pal of mine pondered earlier, what if instead of Jedi ... a lightside Force user by the film's end is known as a 'Skywalker' ?

Post Posted: April 13th 2019 1:00 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
That would be interesting, but there have only been a couple of Skywalker's versus thousands of Jedi.

In the trailer, Luke seems to be speaking directly to Rey. Is spirit Luke the mentor Rey wanted in TLJ? Is J.J. doing a quick change on TLJ much like Johnson did to J.J.'s TFA at the start of TLJ?

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©