For some unknown and godforsaken reason, I occasionally lurk this site from time to time. Deep down, I was holding out for meaningful hope. That's gone now.
The near utter lack of activity here (and elsewhere) speaks volumes as to the state of health of Disney Star Wars. It's appallingly, and deservedly, dreadful.
This new trailer makes clear what the actual tile of Ep. IX is...Star WarsThe Rise of DesperationorStar WarsThe Chunky Vomit of Nostalgia
Star Wars was laid to waste so thoroughly by Ruin Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, Pablo Hidalgo, and J.J. Abrams, that there's no fixing it. NONE.
They just made the cheapest play possible to get the original fans back into the seats. It's going to take some willpower and grit to resist the Dark Side of Nostalgia, but I have faith that a lot of those seats will remain empty (don't worry, just like for Capt. Marvel, Disney will prepurchase tickets that no one will use, just to puff up the numbers).
There is SO much wrong here.
Nearly HALF of the trailer's runtime made up of material that Disney spewed diarrhea allover.
The sounds are totally dominated by Vader's breathing and Palpatine's talking.
The goddess Rey destroying the Amazon forest with her super-force-thrown lightsaber. All of the Jedi preceding her, combined into one whole, cannot possibly trump her power. Even her Dark Side version has the coolest looking evil-red-jagged glowing saber ever! NOTHING is better than Rey. NOTHING.
A skyline filled with ancient starcraft: B-Wings, A-Wings, Y-Wings, and even the Tantive IV (I'd be surprised if it's NOT that exact ship). Militarily, this hardware is easily outclassed junk, but it pulls at the brainwashed fans' heartstrings, and that's the REAL reason for why they're there.
An enormous beam tearing apart a planet's surface - I'm grateful that they're putting that in the film, as we've never seen such a scene before.
Rey and Kylo dueling atop of the Death Star II. It's epic. EPIC
I tell you! How do we know? Look at the GIGANTIC waves crashing all around them, THAT's how we know. This duel is obviously the most important duel ever
because tall water.
But all of that water will not negate the fact that Rey has already easily owned Kylo. TWICE
. Without ANY training whatsoever. Look up "anti-climatic" in a dictionary, and one will find screenshots of Rey beating the tar out of Kylo.
The leaks in the other thread are probably spot on.
But it won't change a thing.
Star Wars is DEAD.
May its putrid corpse rapidly rot.
I want to THANK Ruin Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, Pablo Hidalgo, and J.J. Abrams. They forced me to GROW UP. I sold off 80% of my vintage Star Wars toy collection. All of that money that came to me? Every penny is a penny that could never be spent on Disney Wars. A triple-win. And I'm lining up a few more collectors to sell off the other 20%. I better act fast, lest they see this film and then lose all motivation to give me their hard earned cash.
Why should a grown man nearly 50 years old be spending money on TOYS? Yes, I'm very grateful to Disney for finally growing me up. Helluva terrible growing pains. Happily, worth every bit of it.