Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:05 pm

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
This is not the death star.
This looks like Mortis.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:06 pm

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
ki adi moonshine wrote:
This is not the death star. This looks like Mortis.

Agreed

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:07 pm

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
They showed us nothing.

JJ Mystery Box/John Harrison stuff for sure.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:27 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Also, didn’t match the trailer description at all.

I suspect JJ is playing a lot of leakers for fools with false information.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:47 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Maybe.

Are fake shots in the trailer - like the weird cut to Rey and Ren on Bespin?

Is 20-foot Palaptine real? He's about the same scale as the Mortis Son. Is the true film image the Son slowly walking towards Rey?

ki adi moonshine wrote:

It does look a lot like Mortis. But, that could be a stylistic choice rather than a reveal.

Intentionally confusing, this all this is.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:54 pm

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
What’s Mortis? - 99% of the audience.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:57 pm

Title: darthpsychotic@gmail.com
Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
I do not believe in deliberate leaks.
I do believe in fake leakers who post spoilerfic(tion) for attention and trolling purposes. For example the trailer info from "smcoenfi" which was reposted here then was quickly debunked once the purported release dates passed.

The trailer was good, good as say VII's Han and Leia-centric final trailer. The trailer's contents line up with the Reddltor Praxis plot synopsis. twoThe notable shots were the aforementioned Emperor's new McQuarrie-inspired throne which would seem out of the place inside Death Star II's sunken wreckage.

The other would be Kylo and Rey simultaneously shatter a solid figure which was once presumably animated.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:00 pm

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
It seems like they might be combining both Mortis and Palpatine subplots into one. We have our confirmation that Palpatine is alive but on life support.

That C-3P0 scene? Heart wrenching. (reminder I'm deaf so My new macbook was nice enough to transcribe for me via the twitter app)

C-3P0 says, "Taking one last look...at my friends." Everyone looks on with sadness and you can tell R2 was like noooo don't go and C-3P0 all could do is pat R2 on the head. Heart wrenching. :( It's sad because for the almost past fifty years, we have grown to accept C-3P0 as our friend, family or brother or whatever and now we know that after December, the C-3P0 we know and love will be gone. I'm sure there will be more C-3P0 stories set in the future sure, but it just won't be our C-3P0. It will be a new personality living in the body of a friend we've grown to love all these years.

Rest in Peace, C-3P0.

Anthony Daniels, enjoy your retirement. You've earned it.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:05 pm

darthpsychotic wrote:
I do not believe in deliberate leaks.
I do believe in fake leakers who post spoilerfic(tion) for attention and trolling purposes. For example the trailer info from "smcoenfi" which was reposted here then was quickly debunked once the purported release dates passed.

The trailer's contents line up with the Reddltor Praxis plot synopsis. The trailer was good, good as say VII's Han and Leia-centric final trailer. The two notable shots were the aforementioned Emperor's new McQuarrie-inspired throne which would seem out of the place inside Death Star II's sunken wreckage.

The other would be Kylo and Rey simultaneously shatter a solid figure which was once presumably animated.

Yep, The new throne reminds me of this ROTJ early concept art:

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:12 pm

"what's mortis"...exactly.

look. not saying it's gonna be called that. not even sure if palpatine is palpatine or a third-party masquerading as him. I just passed off what I was given which somewhat aligned with Praxis' stuff but we have some info that obviously isn't the same.

so.

It's up in the air. It was decent though. Put out some feelers, maybe I'll hear something, maybe not.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:23 pm

That McQuarrie image reminds me of this wonderful scene:

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:30 pm

the "throne room" is the same location where we see Dark Rey. you can tell by the rock formations.

it would match up with either a premonition, which i was told, a type of "shapeshifting", which I was also told the vision actually was and was misdirection. also Rey has the dagger in her hand in one scene.

from what I read about Lucas' original plans for the trilogy after I was given some info, this does seem to match up with it. originally Luke and "Kira", who was han and leia's daughter, were safeguarding some kind of entrance that would unlock this ancient sith or another. that's why Luke became a recluse. allegedly. I'm starting to doubt one of my sources (second-hand info), eh i ran with it, it happens. the stuff friki gave me I doubt comes to pass (luke fighting and chewie death).

some of the stuff I was given was in pre-production and could have been changed. it's a lot to take in. I'm taking a few hours to digest and then am going into disection mode.

Post Posted: October 21st 2019 11:37 pm

Ki Adi, is it possible that Palpatine in order to lure Rey to the Dark Side, He shows her a reflection of her and tells her, "This is your future if you help me conquer the Galaxy. Please help me." Basically the same stuff as what he did with Anakin?

Food for thought.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:38 am

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
From the official site:

Rey's journey continues and the Skywalker saga concludes in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,

“CONTINUES”???
Um... 10, 11, 12 anyone?

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:42 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
SithWitch wrote:
From the official site:

Rey's journey continues and the Skywalker saga concludes in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,

“CONTINUES”???
Um... 10, 11, 12 anyone?

Just marketing jargon. Her journey continues in this movie, which also ends the Skywalker saga.
But of course she could be seen again in some other film, series, spinoff, whatever in the future.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 6:46 am

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
This trailer didn't reveal very much, IMO.

The shot that intrigued me the most was Rey and a helmeted Ren lightsaber-slashing that black statue thingy. That scene could certainly have taken place on an Imperial-controlled Cloud City. You see the same lighting pattern in that shot as you do in other Imperial structures, but the dominance of white could easily reflect a random location in Cloud City.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 7:24 am

Join: May 1st 2004 10:40 pm
I dunno. Other than the space horses on the Star Destroyer thing the visuals looked incredible. But so did The Last Jedi's. I don't mind that it told us nothing - expected as much from Captain Mystery Box.

Then again editing on this trailer is a hot mess. The 3PO scene just felt out of place and contrived in the context of the trailer. I get what they were going for - they're pulling back on the punches and aiming for the slow knife twist in the gut. But that just doesn't work for me. Each movie in the PT had trailers with ooomph and fanfare. That just seems missing.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:15 am

Join: April 20th 2004 11:57 pm
royalguard96 wrote:
This trailer didn't reveal very much, IMO.

The shot that intrigued me the most was Rey and a helmeted Ren lightsaber-slashing that black statue thingy. That scene could certainly have taken place on an Imperial-controlled Cloud City. You see the same lighting pattern in that shot as you do in other Imperial structures, but the dominance of white could easily reflect a random location in Cloud City.

I have a feeling that statue they smash is Vader. Somehow we're going to see Rey and Kylo fight Vader in this movie because of course we are.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:17 am

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

Now we wait. Now we hope.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:23 pm

Join: November 2nd 2015 1:23 pm
Rey is holding a Dagger in the "Vader Statue Smash Scene".

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:24 pm

CoGro wrote:
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

The hint of Yoda's theme playing during the C-3PO shots was "peak feels" for me during the trailer.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:27 pm

CoGro wrote:

I thought it was fantastic. It gave me the feels, leading up to 3P0. We also haven't seen anything this visually stunning since Revenge of the Sith. So much has McQuarry and Lucas written all over it, so despite how large of a role he had in the scenario of the film (it seemingly matches his original concept art from pre-production though), his presence is felt everywhere. I like that, a lot.

CoGro, I love that line too. I really think "Confronting fear is the destiny of a SKYWALKER", if you look at Anakin, Luke, now Rey. The promotional stuff for the film (I'll find it) states that Rey struggles to find herself and is afraid of what may lay within. She's flirted with the darkside from the moment she was about to kill Kylo in TFA, but the ground split apart. I have always maintained she would have killed him in her anger. and we see that anger surface, again, in the trailer.

It gave us just enough without revealing too much. It was great. So much to dissect too.

royalguard96 wrote:
The hint of Yoda's theme playing during the C-3PO shots was "peak feels" for me during the trailer.

Not going to lie I almost teared up at that point. perfect.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:31 pm

It appears to be the Dagger of Mortis.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:34 pm

E_CHU_TA! wrote:

That's what I've been saying!

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 3:26 pm

E_CHU_TA! wrote:

ki adi moonshine wrote:
That's what I've been saying!

That article suggests that the Son might not be present but combining both palpatine and Mortis subplots into one by making palpatine the new big bad that was behind everything.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 3:38 pm

Runtime revealed: https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/10/22/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-runtime-revealed/

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:15 pm

Title: darthpsychotic@gmail.com
Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Emperor IX from presumabely boogleg footage being passed around

A trailer shot featuring featuring a stationary figure propelled forward

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:17 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
TROS:

Me: Do it !!

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:50 pm

darthpsychotic wrote:
Emperor IX from presumabely boogleg footage being passed around

A trailer shot featuring featuring a stationary figure propelled forward

I hope that's not photoshopped because look at Palpatine - he's wearing his ROTS crimson red robes from the "Declaration of the First Galactic Empire" senate scene.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:48 pm

When Rey leaps from the cliff on Endor (or wherever) and lands on the Deathstar wreckage (or whatever) is she teleporting? I mean, yeah ... it could just be a cut in the trailer, but it could also be a new force power. I mean, the look on her face after the leap is not OMG I MADE IT! but OMG THAT WAS COOL! So ... look at that clip again. And tell me she's not force-hopping! And we don't even realize it!

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:54 pm

Could be - she's been rumored to do new things with the Force.

That's definitely the Mortis Dagger in the trailer ...

... or maybe it isn't.

Is it a trailer-only ruse?

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:58 pm

Come to think of it, that ability was introduced in Rebels. They were force-transported to the other side of Lothal, at one point, right? And she unlocked the WBW portal with her hand signs in the cave on AchTo if you want to believe that. So the door is open, I suppose.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 6:00 pm

Join: November 2nd 2015 1:23 pm
I just noticed that the "cavalry" scene is happening on the hull of a Star Destroyer... I don't know how to feel about that.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 8:55 pm

Join: October 15th 2014 8:24 pm
CoGro wrote:

royalguard96 wrote:

It would have been for me too, but for the fact that Threepio has interacted with these characters for....what? A total of 2 minutes during the entire ST?

Yes I know, "they could have bonded offscreen, etc. etc.", but that's not near enough for them to sell me that they're such good friends, sorry.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 9:31 pm

In my mind, C-3PO isn't talking to Poe and Finn. As in ESB, when he "breaks the fourth wall" by saying "How typical" while trying to escape Hoth, he is speaking to us.

That's what my idealistic mind wants it to be, anyway.

Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:24 pm

Apparently according to Praxis 3.0, C-3P0 does survive the memory wipe - with R2 restoring his memory with a backup.

Sounds like Disney plans on keeping C-3P0 around for few more films or tv shows just with a new body actor.

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 5:18 am

Join: December 24th 2004 6:14 pm

This film is going to be a mess. It's in a position of having to cram in TWO FILMS' worth of WASTED TIME into ONE movie. NOT POSSIBLE.

It has to rectify the deliberate character assassination of Luke Skywalker. NOT POSSIBLE.

It has to correct the literal portrayal of ALL MEN AS COMPLETE IDIOTS and that WOMEN ARE NOT GODDESSES but alas, like men, HUMAN BEINGS FULLY CAPABLE OF NEEDING AN EDUCATION AND MAKING MISTAKES AND NEEDING FORGIVENESS. Fixable? NOT POSSIBLE.

They have CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED OUTRIGHT CONTEMPT FOR LUCAS' VISION. Any step they make now to "re-Lucas" the Star Wars universe? It's for one sole reason, and it has nothing to do with soul, and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MOUNTAINS OF MONEY.

A film goer has to be a WILLING PARTICIPANT to somehow forget ALL of that, in order to buy a ticket to joyously have that gorgeous looking sewage sprayed allover them.

I'm not going to do it.

I don't like being played for a fool, and then being dumb enough to REWARD the producers of that carefully engineered SEWAGE with my very hard earned money and time.

We waited 35 years for The Finest prime rib dinner, and they brought out a McDonald's hamburger... BURNT!

35 years of eagerly waiting to see the ONLY Master of the Light Side of the Force use his lightsaber again, only to see him use it to seriously contemplate the MURDER OF HIS NEPHEW WHILE HE SLEPT.

Then, when we complained that we got a burnt McDonald's hamburger, when we ordered prime rib, they have the unimaginable audacity to insult US!

Is there ANY way of undoing all of the above?

HELL NO!!!

The trailer CONFIRMS so much of the incoherent mess that's been leaked. The latest updates to the leaks with all of the new and massive reshoots confirms that the film is going to be an even worse cacophony. You can smell their greed-soaked DESPERATION to get this turd to look like a gold ingot.

Now that this "last" trailer is done, I'm done. Nothing more to say till the film's released.

Before I bid adieu, here are two videos that perfectly summarize how Disney arrogantly screwed us over, and the impossible task that they have before them.

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 6:29 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Kyle wrote:
:fap:

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 10:03 am

Join: September 25th 2016 11:51 am
Kyle wrote:
Now that this "last" trailer is done, I'm done. Nothing more to say till the film's released.

Before I bid adieu, here are two videos that perfectly summarize how Disney arrogantly screwed us over, and the impossible task that they have before them.

Typical white, male, Republican, conservative, anti-Disney, Lucas-obsessed Trump-supporting Fandom Menacer, ranting and hating like @Alexrd. No one except the crazies take you seriously.

Go kill yourself and get lost. It’s so mind boggling why you haven’t been banned.

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 12:26 pm

Cool! do black females now!!!!

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 12:57 pm

which videos did Kyle post? lmfao.

anyway.

My thought was, what if 3P0 wakes up after the mindwipe and is like, "Master Ani? Mistress Padme? Oh my."

I would love if he regained ALL of his memories and gives a narrative like in ROTJ. idk. It'd be really cool anyhow.

And see all the leak could be true, aspects of it could be true, some key details off, no one knows for sure. Just being completely objective for a moment. Let's try not to use confirmation bias like everyone else. I think MF is better than that. The way I put it is, the leaks have been given a lot of credence, but let's see how it all plays out.

Anyway, I'm just along for the ride whether or not what I was told is true or not. I wasn't even going to come out with it and tell people, just keep it to myself, but, then people started telling me things that were the same and I was like wtf. idk.

We'll see. It'll be a wild ride, that's for sure!

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 2:24 pm

ki adi moonshine wrote:
which videos did Kyle post? lmfao.

anyway.

My thought was, what if 3P0 wakes up after the mindwipe and is like, "Master Ani? Mistress Padme? Oh my."

I would love if he regained ALL of his memories and gives a narrative like in ROTJ. idk. It'd be really cool anyhow.

And see all the leak could be true, aspects of it could be true, some key details off, no one knows for sure. Just being completely objective for a moment. Let's try not to use confirmation bias like everyone else. I think MF is better than that. The way I put it is, the leaks have been given a lot of credence, but let's see how it all plays out.

Anyway, I'm just along for the ride whether or not what I was told is true or not. I wasn't even going to come out with it and tell people, just keep it to myself, but, then people started telling me things that were the same and I was like wtf. idk.

We'll see. It'll be a wild ride, that's for sure!

Apparently, after the mindwipe, 3P0 gets most of his memories back after R2 restores his memories but it's only up to the events of TFA and does not include the events of TLJ. According to Praxis that is. If 3P0 does get his memories back... it could be a tongue in cheek, telling us to forget all about TLJ haha.

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 5:37 pm

Site Admin

RogueOne1216 wrote:

Typical white, male, Republican, conservative, anti-Disney, Lucas-obsessed Trump-supporting Fandom Menacer, ranting and hating like @Alexrd. No one except the crazies take you seriously.

Go kill yourself and get lost. It’s so mind boggling why you haven’t been banned.

Yeah he's completely off the scale, but he's a harmless buffoon that no one takes seriously. The ranting of a depraved fandom menacer at best who gets his kicks out of typing "pan-sexual" in massive font. Pay him no heed. Like he said in his post - he is done.

If he comes back it won't be for long :vfuckoff:

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 5:41 pm

lol SI. This is why I have all those TFM people muted on twitter and unsubscribed on youtube (I subscribed to a few like two years ago, but it was tame then compared to now. they've revealed themselves.)

I didn't know someone could type with so many caps. damn.

what a loser.

Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 5:42 pm

Site Admin

Freezus wrote:

Apparently, after the mindwipe, 3P0 gets most of his memories back after R2 restores his memories but it's only up to the events of TFA and does not include the events of TLJ. According to Praxis that is. If 3P0 does get his memories back... it could be a tongue in cheek, telling us to forget all about TLJ haha.

Holy fuck if this happens it will just send our fractured fandom into the fucking stratosphere.

Post Posted: October 24th 2019 9:18 am

I wish I could get a mind wipe before TLJ! :)

Post Posted: October 24th 2019 4:19 pm

SI wrote:

Holy fuck if this happens it will just send our fractured fandom into the fucking stratosphere.

Yea, the meltdowns all over the internet would be glorious.

Post Posted: October 24th 2019 6:40 pm

Join: December 24th 2004 6:14 pm
Quote:
RogueOne1216 wrote:

Quote:
From SI:
Yeah he's completely off the scale, but he's a harmless buffoon that no one takes seriously. The ranting of a depraved fandom menacer at best who gets his kicks out of typing "pan-sexual" in massive font. Pay him no heed. Like he said in his post - he is done.

If he comes back it won't be for long :vfuckoff:

What platform rules have I *violated* to warrant a ban, SI...?

Do you have any EVIDENCE that it was I that started throwing insults at the membership here?

NO. You have NONE. NOTHING AT ALL.

In fact, all of the EVIDENCE proves that I TOLERATED the instant insults for YEARS before I started responding in-like-kind.

What did you do to STOP the instant-insults against me?

NOTHING.

You "tolerated" the bullying because YOU AGREED WITH IT.

And so you're going to threaten ME with a ban, when another member just WISHED FOR MY DEATH?

You have some nerve to PRETEND to be a "judicious" moderator! :funkyvfuckoff:

And for those of you addicted to avoiding presenting any sort of evidence, and instead, cowardly attack the messenger... Gee? Where have I heard this kind of cowardly and vile tactic before?

Oh, I know...!
Message UNTOUCHABLE=ATTACK THE MESSENGER

Checkout REAL leftists, WITH BRAINS, who constantly seek out EVIDENCE before forming an opinion. Oh. That's right. They don't call themselves "leftists." They call themselves PROGRESSIVES...

...Jimmy Dore
...Graham Elwood

And if you can't find the wherewithal to counter my Disney-provided evidence (Yup! Every shred of evidence I brought up was not created by myself - it was made ENTIRELY by Disney!) of how they deliberately and deliciously destroyed and desecrated Star Wars, then maybe by some miracle you can take on and take down the ramblings of an ALCOHOLIC who easily takes your precious Disney Wars and rightfully makes mincemeat of it.
Even an ALCOHOLIC can kick Disney Wars' Ass

Considering that the minds around here can only HOPE FOR and CHEER ON THE DEATH of a decades-long forum member (who, for most of that time, LOVED Star Wars), I won't be holding my breath.

Post Posted: October 24th 2019 7:38 pm

Holy shit this is a serious case of PMS. Be careful Kyle, don't let the PMS control you!

Page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©