It is currently December 14th 2019 8:16 am

Post Posted: May 12th 2005 9:16 pm

Join: May 8th 2005 7:34 pm
Hi, can't wait till May 19th and I know there are a lot of guys feeling the same way. To make the remaining week a little shorter I made this trailer.....Hope you can enjoy it at least a little bit. I called it
"The R-III-se And Fall Of A Hero"
Format is .WMV and it's approximately 12 MB. Here's the link:

The_R-III-se_And_Fall_Of_A_Hero_by_gufte.wmv.html

Scroll to bottom and click "Free" and wait till timer has passed to download it.

Reactions are welcome. :chewbacca:

Post Posted: May 12th 2005 9:27 pm

Join: April 24th 2005 8:06 pm
Definatly some awsome editing :heavymetal: wmv does it no justice though

Post Posted: May 12th 2005 9:45 pm

Join: March 30th 2005 11:24 am
nicely edited...
but the music....that's not Star Wars

Where's John Williams score?

Requiem For a Dream might work for Lord of the Rings, but Star Wars must go with Star Wars music, sorry.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 12:07 am

Join: April 24th 2005 11:06 pm
Great job. That scene where Yoda knocks back Palpatine's Red Guards--which trailer/source is that from? I've never seen that before.

Good mix man! :heavymetal:

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 1:37 am

hi guys....
First thanks for all the comments so far.

Yeah, unfortanetely the quality isn't that cool at times, but thats partly because the footage was already in a soso quality. I hope you can still enjoy it.

@Donut
I know it's not StarWars Music but I love the Drama of "Requiem" and i thought it just fits to the Fall of Anakin. Thanks for the "critics". Appreciate it.

@STDSkillz
The Yoda / Guards - shot is actually from the Trivial Pursuit Star Wars DVD Edition. Some shots from that game were uploaded in this forum.

@CaptainLoneStar
I even had it that way. The Imperial March came right after "End Of The War Is Near" by Sidious and the whole thing finished with the familiar "May 19th"-Bang. So we basically have the same ideas ;) But believe me it just did not fit. I think it's cooler this way.

Hope you folks keep commenting on it. Greetz

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 3:01 am

Massive Sith Interceptor Fan

Join: February 14th 2005 4:27 am
:cool: :heavymetal:

i give you 8 out of 10 :)

best fan trailer ive seen so far

the music is my only complaint.. theres much more dramatic music on the ROTS soundtrack.. or any of the star wars soundtracks.. and it would have worked better with a star wars tune.

but still very good :) great editing

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 3:01 am

Join: May 12th 2005 3:10 am
Najs even verrry :) have you maybe got hi-res version?

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 6:25 am

Join: April 26th 2005 3:32 am
Great work. Probably the best fan trailer I've seen and the Requiem For A Dream track works brilliantly. My only gripe is that it's a bloody .WMV file instead of glorious Quicktime. Don't suppose you have a .MOV or .MPEG version of this do you? ;)

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 7:33 am

Join: March 23rd 2005 2:38 pm
Nice job. :heavymetal:

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 7:58 am

I would LOVE to have a kind of hi-res version of it, but it's nearly impossible since some of the footage is already in bad quality. for example the "Palpatine-Fflying-towards-Jedi-shot". They are already very pixeled in their original format. I could have done it without that footage but I really wanted to have it in the trailer because most of the trailers use the same shots we already know.

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 8:59 am

Join: March 10th 2005 2:10 pm
Very very good. Superb editting.

Love how you show Obi-wan jumping from his ship and slicing the droid in 3-4 stages!

Designforlife - where in Southampton are you? I used to live in North Baddesley, and also in the centre (near the Dell)

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 9:14 am

I am Jack's bowel cancer

Join: May 2nd 2005 4:19 pm
Frigin nice job trilops! I actually got goosebumps. By far the best fan made yet! :heavymetal: :chewbacca:

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 9:42 am

Join: April 6th 2005 1:55 pm
excellent work. what program did you use to edit that?

In some markets, you could probably get a job editing after showing someone that. produce a few more like that, and you'll have a good sampling of your skills to show off.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 9:53 am

Most of the time I used After Effects. Just like to work with it....

Cool that you liked it

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 10:19 am

As a professional video editor working in a top 100 television market, who teaches editing on the college level, I think he's got potential. He could probably get a job at a TV station here in town with a couple more examples of his EDITING. He has a grasp of the basic premise of editing, and his mix of transitions with straight cuts was excellent. I said nothing about the graphics at the front and back ends, and some of his source material was poor. That being said, editors are often forced to work with poorly shot or captured materials all the time. For what he did, editing someone else's pre-produced content, it was pretty darn good.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 1:56 pm

has anybody ever tried to put together a fan trailer with something OTHER than williams' score or anything else like that? You could probably throw some pretty cool stuff together using some heavy metal as your soundtrack. Godsmack's "Alive" for instance. Just tossing that one out there off the top of my head. The Navy uses it in their "accelerate your life" commercials. I'm sure somebody out there could edit something together using it. might be interesting. I think I just found my project for the weekend.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 2:02 pm

Good one. "Down with the sickness" by disturbed also crossed my mind. Looking for something with a hard driving intro, and a good beat/drum sequence.

if there was any way to do it properly, and the sequence was long enough, you could probably edit the vader transformation/anakins surgery scene to metallica's "ONE."

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 2:03 pm

I think one of the trailers for the ROTS video game at lucasarts.com had modern music instead of classic stuff

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 2:29 pm

triklops wrote:
I think one of the trailers for the ROTS video game at lucasarts.com had modern music instead of classic stuff

It had an electric guitar and a heavy beat, nothing I recognized, though. Just generic stuff. Generic, but good.

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 3:01 pm

stacy3po wrote:
"Stayin' Alive" when Anakin's walking down the hall with the stormtroopers behind him.

To quote Lumberg from Office Space, "I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one there, Bob." Unless of course you can defend your selection with a decent enough argument. I can see how you're going for the "irony" of the fact that the lyrics say "staying alive" but he's off to kill everybody. Got anything more than that?

Post Posted: May 13th 2005 8:46 pm

Join: April 19th 2004 3:34 am
This is the first time I made a trailer, so forgive me if you don't like the way the thing ends with the music fading out. Someone like Fatboy Roberts can probably polish it up a bit more. I also prefer to watch it at 50% screen size.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1746632/sw1_0005.wmv.html

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©