1. ESB - I love almost every scene in this movie except the tauntuan/wampa cave. Once Luke escapes the cave it's all good (even tho his saber sounds like it powers of but is clearly still on). I also think that showing Vader get on his shuttle and leave Bespin really butchered the escape from Cloud City. But every scene is magic and the revelation is THE moment of the entire saga.
2. ROTS - This could move up after the DVD is released and I've had time to digest it. The imagery is wonderful and the story is tight (I honestly buy into the turn). I do find myself wanting some parts in that were cut (Qui-Gon, Petition of the 2000) and wanting stuff that is in cut (hair brush, dream sequences) and that is what drops it to 2nd (for now?).
3.ANH - This was tough because ANH had been my favorite of all until I got a little older and could follow ESB better. This is a fun and rip-roaring movie but I think that if you are going to redo special effects of a scene, redo all of them. The Battle of Yavin goes from clean and crisp to old and dated. Greedo shooting first
- WTF. But Obi-Wan makes the show and I still watch it quite frequently.
4. ROTJ - I loved it as a kid (it was the first movie I saw in a theater) but as I grew up some parts wear on me. The dead spot is when the group is captured by Ewoks, I frequently skip past it. But the Battle above Endor is the best space battle on film. I still get jacked up from the view inside the MF cockpit when the TIEs are coming at you. And Palpatine/Vader/Luke - 'nuff said.
5. AOTC - I really enjoyed this movie. It helped that the first time I saw it the theater was cheering and clapping at all the high points. The love story is about as clunky and cheesy as you can get and drags the film down. I always thought the picture was either blurry or overbright. But the scenes on Kamino and the last half-hour more than make up for it. You can also really see Palpatine start majorly bending people over.
6. TPM - I don't have a lot of negative feelings toward this movie, but it has one major drawback - bad humor mostly by Jar-Jar. I didn't mind Jar-Jar that much but the stupid ass slapstick 'humor' just pisses me off. Stepping in shit, having an animal fart in your face, and having a droid stuck on your foot yet still managing to kill enemies is border-line insulting. Jar-Jar is a part of the story (He made the motion to give emergency powers to the Chancellor) but that stuff is terrible. Jake Lloyd needed a cattle prod up his ass in some of those scenes. The opening sequence on the TF ship is great fun, watching Jedi kick all sorts of ass. Anything with Qui-Gon, Maul, and Obi-Wan was good. I also like the Watto character. I almost thought he loved Anakin more in TPM than Padme did in AOTC.