[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Rank Tha Saga
It is currently May 25th 2020 6:40 pm

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:57 am

Join: May 24th 2005 6:43 pm
It’s a little premature at this point for me to rank ROTS since it’s so fresh in my mind, so new. I guess it’s a bit like sex for the Star Wars geek… it’s the action I’m getting’ now, it’s new, so I’m gonna say it’s pretty damn good. Always good when it’s new! And even when it’s bad, it’s still a good thing to have. Like so many have said before me, it will be interesting to see how it all settles down in the end… that said…

1. Empire – Still hands down my favorite. It took all that was cool about ANH and turned it up to 11. Though I almost went with…
2. Sith – I actually thought on it for a long time, and if GL hadn’t edited it down to fit his ‘standard trilogy timeframe’ I would have said #1. I would have sat through a three hour Star Wars movie. Who wouldn’t?
3. Menace – Yeah it had its faults. But it was the launch of a trilogy I had been waiting for for years. What if we never got a PT? What if GL whacked himself after Radioland Murders? Plus, Darth Maul, baby!
4. A New Hope – Started it all. And seeing it in a whole new light after Sith is amazing. I can’t imagine what it must be like to see these in order for the first time, to see Vader walk in that hallway after last seeing him in Sith… but it gave me goosebumps watching them all in order this last weekend. Thank the force for that workprint…
5. Jedi – Might have placed higher if not for the dreaded Ewoks. It leasr the SE got rid of that damn song at the end. “I am a Jedi, Like my father before me,” gets me every time.
6. Send in the Clones – or whatever. I still hate the name. Worst. Name. Ever. And all that clunky love story writing… Anakin came off like a deranged stalker. I always have to ask myself, THAT”S Darth Vader…?

But then again, they all rock in the end, don’t they?

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 2:02 am

Join: May 3rd 2004 1:09 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 2:39 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 2:42 am

Join: May 19th 2004 1:42 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 2:48 am

Join: September 17th 2004 3:13 am
ROTS
AOTC
TPM
ANH
TESB
ROTJ

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 2:58 am

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:08 pm
My ranking:

1. ROTS
2. AOTC/ESB
4. ROTJ
5. ANH
6. TPM

As you see, I don't like introductions.

Taiyou

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 3:00 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:51 am

Join: February 8th 2005 7:42 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:51 am

Join: March 26th 2005 4:34 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 6:50 am

Join: March 29th 2005 6:50 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 6:54 am

Join: February 9th 2005 7:35 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 7:19 am

Join: April 27th 2005 3:37 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 8:15 am

Join: April 4th 2005 12:50 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 9:11 am

Join: April 3rd 2005 7:06 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:00 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:01 am

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:07 am

Join: March 7th 2005 11:26 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:27 am

Join: November 3rd 2004 4:53 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:32 am

Join: April 25th 2005 5:42 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 11:47 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 12:04 pm

Join: November 20th 2004 1:28 pm
ROTS
AOTC
ROTJ
TPM
ANH
ESB

I love them all, but I really like the storyline of the prequels. Particularly the way none of the good guys know fuck-all about what's going on in AOTC, and just start to get it in ROTS, when it's far, far too late.

ROTJ is incredible just for the Luke-Emperor-Vader confrontation, but I also enjoy the opening, and I find the Ewoks cute. So I really love it. And Ian's performance in this film is the only thing tht made me want to see the prequels.

TPM is a lot of fun for me, despite some admittedly wooden characters. Having the Darth Sidious hologram pop up every twenty minutes to give instructions to the weasel-ly bad guys was a great cornball approach that simultaneously set up the real plot of the movie, which is Palpatine's rise to power.

ANH is a bit slower, and doesn't fit in the saga as well as the others, but the droids really make this one for me, as does Obi-Wan.

ESB. I love this movie, just like the others, but I never quite got why this is the universal favorite. Pretty much every scene that doesn't have Luke or Vader seems to be dicking around. Han and the crew getting chased around, hiding in an asteroid, going to meet pimp daddy Lando Calrissian....I don't know. I don't dislike it, but so much happens here that is of absolutely zero consequence--doesn't make for the strongest entry, at least to me. Anakin and Padme's romance may have been awkward at times, but the Han-Leia romance doesn't do it for me, as they fall in love like sixth-graders, and more importantly, the relationship seems to have nothing at all to do with anything, except giving themselves something to do while Luke carries the actual plot forward.

Anyway, love them all to death, can't wait to get my wallet pillaged by George in two more years in exchange for a huge Blu-Ray Saga set or whatever, with more changes to boot. I'm also glad I don't have the ludicrous technical literacy it takes to have the sound editing ruin the last two movies.

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 12:22 pm

Join: April 4th 2005 3:20 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 12:49 pm

Join: July 28th 2004 3:05 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:03 pm

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am
Here is my list and my reason for each:

1. Empire - is there anything in this film that doesn't work? The mood, the sets, the dialogue. Yoda. Wampas. Fathers and sons. I mean everything just clicked.

2. Jedi - This is THE climax. The whole saga comes down to whether a father can redeem himself in the eyes of his son and the force. 2/3 of this film is just wonderful. Ewoks don't bother me that much, but couldn't we just have had the Rebel troops fighting stormtroopers on Endor?

3. Sith - Again, just like Jedi, 2/3 of this film is just wonderful. Actually I will go as far as saying that from the Emperor/Mace duel to the end is the best part of the entire saga. After seeing it four times, I still feel like from 20 minutes into the movie until the duel I mentioned above, the movie just drags.

4. A New Hope - Yes, this movie definitely gets better when viewed with Sith. Where it all started. Seeing those suns set gets me every time.

5. Clones - The only reason I put this one ahead of Menace is because of something other people in this thread have already mentioned: Kamino. Just the look of the planet. Like it always has a hurricane going on this planet. Such a dark awesome planet. The only thing is that I would have loved to see a Jedi and Sith go at it outside the way Jango and Obi-Wan do. A red and blue lightsaber duel would have been most excellent in that setting. I also love the Death Star plans coming up.

6. Menace - What can I say? It's all about Maul. If anyone was going to give Vader and the Emperor a run for their money as big time villains, it was this guy. Too bad he was sorely underused. And that probably bothers me more than all the screen time Jar Jar gets. What else works? Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan. It's nice to see Obi-Wan as someones padawan instead of the other way around for the rest of the saga.

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:05 pm

Join: May 22nd 2005 11:37 am
I actually loved the fact that Maul bit it so fast.

For weeks and weeks prior to the movie, everyone kept saying how he was going to be THE new best villain of all the movies.

Never quite panned out that way...

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:10 pm

Attack of the Clones got a 3 1/2 star rating in USA Today when it came out. I remember reading that day's paper like it was yesterday.

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:11 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:12 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:12 pm

Join: May 25th 2005 11:55 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:14 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:20 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:20 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:24 pm

Join: April 24th 2005 2:00 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:31 pm

Join: May 25th 2005 11:55 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:34 pm

Join: May 9th 2005 8:12 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 1:39 pm

Join: May 14th 2005 10:34 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 3:08 pm

Join: April 11th 2005 3:23 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:02 pm

Join: August 24th 2004 8:30 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:07 pm

Join: January 14th 2005 4:42 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:41 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:43 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:43 pm

Join: October 6th 2004 6:01 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 4:55 pm

Join: January 20th 2005 1:35 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:02 pm

Join: April 24th 2005 11:06 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:08 pm

Join: February 27th 2005 1:17 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:09 pm

Join: May 14th 2005 10:34 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:15 pm

Join: May 9th 2005 8:12 am

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:32 pm

Join: April 24th 2005 2:00 pm

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 5:35 pm

It seems there are two different sets of fans here... ones who prefer the personal approach to the originals and those who prefer the generic, epic style of the prequels and possibly Jedi.

Call me an OT loyalist if you must, but I just can't bring myself to put any of the prequels up there with the originals. And I don't think age or when you first saw the films matters much as people have suggested. I first saw the originals when I was eight when they were rereleased on VHS in 1995 and was hooked immediately. They still blow me away today!

Another take on my rankings of the saga:

ESB>ANH>>ROTJ>>ROTS>>>>>TPM>AOTC

Post Posted: May 26th 2005 6:42 pm

Join: February 8th 2005 3:05 pm

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©