It is currently October 24th 2018 12:00 am




  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post Posted: August 5th 2005 3:03 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
When Yoda ignites his lightsaber, the smile on Palpatine's face made my day.


Post Posted: August 5th 2005 11:33 pm
 
User avatar

Join: July 14th 2005 1:28 pm
Posts: 76
I didn't think the look on Anakins face suggested that he was annoyed or angry at the younglings. I thought he looked kind of like he knew what he was doing was wrong but was forging ahead with his orders from Palpatine.


Post Posted: August 7th 2005 11:54 am
 
User avatar

Join: December 23rd 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Left side of right coast
you could see a little hesitation on anakins face but I also got them feeling, and it may have come from the book, that he was enjoying some of the killing as well. At least when we see him fighting on the hologram with cin drallig he looks like he is pretty pissed but relaxed, like he was doing it all with very deadly precision.


Post Posted: August 8th 2005 11:06 am
 

Join: August 5th 2005 10:32 am
Posts: 4
Location: Dyer, IN
Indiana wrote:
lordtierant wrote:
stan Marsh wrote:
I dug that younglings reaction after he is like," master anakin theres too many of them what are we going to do' anakin ignites and the kid jumps back a little. It just seems to me that sometime in acting pulling off those little reactions like that are what makes a good actor and not to mention the kid didn't have a real lightsager to react to. now that said for some reason the kid also really annoyed me and I kind of wanted to see him get diced, sorry I'm sick :oops:



this is one of my favorite scenes as well.. and the look on Anakins face as if to say " Don't talk to me you damn filthy jedi wannabe".. Total kick ass scene..


What's interesting is that Anakin's lightsaber makes the sound of Darth Vader's lightsaber in this scene instead of the regular sound.


Yeah I noticed that.. i actually rewind the movie to that a couple times because I just love that sound of it igniting and the loud deep humm....


Post Posted: August 10th 2005 11:35 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
diVe wrote:
Hearing the "tusken raiders" faintly in the background, during the beginning, after Anakin beheads Dooku and Palpatine brings up the past about his mother's death was a nice touch.

That was a great directional choice.


Post Posted: August 10th 2005 4:52 pm
 
User avatar

Join: July 31st 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 432
I thought of this the other day, which someone has probably mentioned, but I think it's cool.

Artoo makes a mistake on the Separatist ship making the elevator go down instead of up.

And then in ESB, C3P0 tells Leia, "Actually, Artoo has been known to make mistakes...from time to time."

So it's funny that even our little hero of the saga is not without flaw.


Post Posted: August 10th 2005 4:59 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
While I thought the elevator scene was a little overdone, I've always loved when Anakin drops in and Obi-Wan turns around with lightsaber drawn before he realizes its him. Then they argue about Artoo, which was a genuinely funny moment. If you really want to look into it, the dropping in bit was some subtle foreshadowing for their later duel in the film.


Post Posted: August 10th 2005 5:02 pm
 

Join: July 16th 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 16
Location: Glenrothes, Scotland
On the subject of Artoo, i liked the way he caught the communicator(And hid inside himself to try and shut it up).

Although i though it was weird the way he POPPED out of the droid socket of Anakins JS. Even Hasbro couldn't solve the mystery of how he fits in there...
Bar.


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 7:05 am
 

Join: June 17th 2005 5:29 pm
Posts: 4
1st Apartment Balcony scene Anikan/Padme, Just after he gets back.

Padme says something along the lines of "..I wanna go early so I can fix up the babies room". She then turns around. It was at this moment during my first viewing of the film that I burst into laughter. This little moment is an example of really really really bad lighting, makeup --hair ??. I think she also says something like "...so love has blinded you."

THis was the only part in any of the SW movies she looked Farqed up..

But man hahahah did she look funny..

lol

:chewbacca:


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 4:15 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
JemmyBubbles wrote:
1st Apartment Balcony scene Anikan/Padme, Just after he gets back.

Padme says something along the lines of "..I wanna go early so I can fix up the babies room". She then turns around. It was at this moment during my first viewing of the film that I burst into laughter. This little moment is an example of really really really bad lighting, makeup --hair ??. I think she also says something like "...so love has blinded you."

THis was the only part in any of the SW movies she looked Farqed up..

But man hahahah did she look funny..

lol

:chewbacca:


I think if you were in my theatre and burst into laughter I would smash your face in with my heel.


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 4:46 pm
 
User avatar

Join: February 17th 2005 7:31 am
Posts: 45
CoGro wrote:
JemmyBubbles wrote:
1st Apartment Balcony scene Anikan/Padme, Just after he gets back.

Padme says something along the lines of "..I wanna go early so I can fix up the babies room". She then turns around. It was at this moment during my first viewing of the film that I burst into laughter. This little moment is an example of really really really bad lighting, makeup --hair ??. I think she also says something like "...so love has blinded you."

THis was the only part in any of the SW movies she looked Farqed up..

But man hahahah did she look funny..

lol

:chewbacca:




I think if you were in my theatre and burst into laughter I would smash your face in with my heel.
:heavymetal: :heavymetal: :heavymetal:

(avatar stealer)


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 4:48 pm
 

Join: July 16th 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 16
Location: Glenrothes, Scotland
Come now. I actually spat out a mouthful of diet coke when Vader screamed "nooooooooo!", and The Entire Theatre burst into laughter with me!
I kid you not. About three hundred people laughing so hard, i nearly wet myself.
I have never laughed so hard and so long since i saw kung fu hustle!
Don't get me wrong. When lucas gets it right: The opening space scene, Order 66, The slaughter of the CIS(Was i alone in actually feeling sorry for nute gunray?), The Ani-Obi fight, Etc, He REALLY get's it right, but when he get's it wrong, we have jar-jar, Yippee!, and Darth vader's first reveal as a comedy frankenstein. There was about 90% great stuff in the prequels, but there are other parts i skip past now.
This is all personal. Take no offense please. ;)
Bar.


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 5:13 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
So we've gone from underappreciated moments to prequel bashing bullshit. How nice.


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 6:09 pm
 

Join: April 11th 2005 9:38 pm
Posts: 106
w33bar wrote:
There was about 20% great stuff in the prequels, but there are other parts i skip past now. Such as everything that involves dialogue. LOL

fixed


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 6:11 pm
 

Join: July 16th 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 16
Location: Glenrothes, Scotland
Demodex wrote:
Actually i really like guys. Who's with me? ;)

:cool:


Post Posted: August 16th 2005 9:21 pm
 

Join: April 28th 2005 2:18 am
Posts: 155
Location: Dallas
w33bar wrote:
(Was i alone in actually feeling sorry for nute gunray?)


that fuck ass got what was coming to him. unfortunately he didnt suffer, but oh well.

vader's first time off the table was great.


Post Posted: August 17th 2005 4:43 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 4th 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 19
In ESB when Luke asks Yoda during training "Is the dark side stronger?" and Yoda says No, I always wanted to see proof of that on screen.

In ROTS when Yoda and Sidious are fighting with force lighting in the Senate. Sidious is bearing down on Yoda with force lightning and Yoda is about to be defeated, Yoda then turns slowly towards Sidious, not afraid, and is repulsing the lighting back at him and you can see the reflection of the lightning in Yoda's eyes as he blasts Sidious back. Awesome!

Reprising the music from Vader and Luke's duel in ESB into Yoda and Sidious' duel in ROTS was thrilling too.


Post Posted: August 17th 2005 7:08 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
STS-1974 wrote:
Reprising the music from Vader and Luke's duel in ESB into Yoda and Sidious' duel in ROTS was thrilling too.

That music could have been mixed better and placed in a better spot.

I would've liked a similar scene of Vader hurling shit at Obi-wan or Maybe the Emperor hurling shit at Yoda, but oh well. At least raise the volume of the music track. That cue plays as background music basically.


Post Posted: August 17th 2005 7:10 pm
 

Join: September 16th 2004 5:12 pm
Posts: 318
Demodex wrote:
Unfortunately my parents weren't fixed, thus I was born


Post Posted: August 17th 2005 10:51 pm
 

Join: September 16th 2004 5:12 pm
Posts: 318
I believe he would've liked the hurling of shit to coincide with the "Clash Of Lightsabers" ESB music reprisal in ROTS since Vader force hurled things at Luke when the music played in ESB.


Post Posted: August 17th 2005 11:00 pm
 

Join: October 6th 2004 8:26 pm
Posts: 395
w33bar wrote:
It may not count, as it's a line in the book which does not appear in the movie, but when Vader arrives on mustafar, San Hill meets him at the door
San Hill wrote:
But you're Anakin skywalker!

Darth Vader wrote:
I assure you, the resemblance is only superficial.

San hill gets cut in half.
Nute Gunray wrote:
But Lord Sidious assured us we would be left in peace!

Vader wrote:
You misunderstood. He said you would be left in pieces.


I loved that exchange, and wish it had been left in the final cut.
Bar.


Was that even in the script?? I thought it was just something Stover wrote for the novelization...

BTW, that shit completely contradicts the tear Anakin sheds after he finishes killing the Separatists, so it's best left out.


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 12:46 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
It was exclusive to the novel, yes.

I love the Anakin/Padme scene after the dream. Some of the most natural dialogue/acting in the PT.

Dark, brooding, great lighting and the score adds some terrific mood.


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 12:54 am
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
I was so glad to hear Anakin's theme from TPM when he's out on the veranda in that scene. AOTC sure missed out.


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 3:55 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
I was so glad to hear Anakin's theme from TPM when he's out on the veranda in that scene. AOTC sure missed out.

Where's Anakin's theme? It's absent from the entire movie.

AOTC has it play once, but it's a small cue during the reintroduction of Padme and Anakin. The misuse of that theme is one of the great missed opportunities of the prequels.


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 4:31 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
It's there. I ripped a soundclip from the DVDRip.


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 7:56 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
It's there. I ripped a soundclip from the DVDRip.

I knew that's what you were going to come back with :)

It's just not obvious enough. If he continued with the second chord I would have classified that as 'Anakin's Theme', but because only a die hard John Williams/Star Wars analyst that has seen and heard that scene 20 can pick that up....you see where I'm going.

I personally love that music cue, but it could have been drawn out a bit more, and especially used a bit more in Episode II. It should have been THE prominant theme of this trilogy: it could have been to Anakin what the Imperial March is to Vader - then I'd be in favour of a small 'Anakin's Theme' cue to sound as Luke takes off Vader's mask. (wishful thinking)


Post Posted: August 19th 2005 8:09 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
Yeah it should have been more prominent. I never even look to AOTC music-wise because it's a total mess, but by that film Anakin really has no theme. Williams' music has no noticeable continuity between any of the prequels except for some nice touches like Duel Of The Fates.

The way I now interpret Anakin's theme is representing him as an innocent child, which the other two films only hint at in passing when the theme is reprised, as though that innocence was lost.

But there was a total failure in establishing a major theme for Anakin throughout the prequels, which the story is about.

End of Williams rant.


Post Posted: August 20th 2005 4:51 am
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
CoGro wrote:
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
It's there. I ripped a soundclip from the DVDRip.

I knew that's what you were going to come back with :)

It's just not obvious enough. If he continued with the second chord I would have classified that as 'Anakin's Theme', but because only a die hard John Williams/Star Wars analyst that has seen and heard that scene 20 can pick that up....you see where I'm going.


Huh? My mother recognized the theme immediately at the midnight show, and she hadn't seen Episode I in over a year.


Post Posted: August 20th 2005 8:11 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
The Dark Shape wrote:
Huh? My mother recognized the theme immediately at the midnight show, and she hadn't seen Episode I in over a year.

Dude, it's like half a cue. It's barely noticeable to anyone who isn't a big fan in some way. This is simply because Anakin's theme wasn't used enough in the PT for any part of it to be noticeable. The smallest Imperial March cue can be picked up because it's ALL OVER the saga, but Anakin's theme is used like 4 times throughout 6 films, and in a non-chalant way.


Post Posted: August 21st 2005 1:41 am
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
CoGro wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:
Huh? My mother recognized the theme immediately at the midnight show, and she hadn't seen Episode I in over a year.

Dude, it's like half a cue. It's barely noticeable to anyone who isn't a big fan in some way. This is simply because Anakin's theme wasn't used enough in the PT for any part of it to be noticeable. The smallest Imperial March cue can be picked up because it's ALL OVER the saga, but Anakin's theme is used like 4 times throughout 6 films, and in a non-chalant way.


I'm not saying you can recognize it if you've only seen Sith, but the cue's hardly inaudible. It's not buried in the sound editing of the scene.


Post Posted: August 27th 2005 8:53 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 4th 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 19
The orchestra and chorus in "Grievous speaks to Sidious" builds to powerful heights and reminds me of "Duel of Fates" from TPM!

Saw it again tonight August 27th, more than 3 months after the release in May and the theatre was PACKED!! Unbelievable!!
:chewbacca: :mrgreen: :chewbacca:


Post Posted: August 28th 2005 12:50 am
 

Join: April 24th 2005 11:06 pm
Posts: 65
I think there's an underlying theme in Episode III with the whole "Point of View" thing. After seeing how Anakin felt about the Jedi and the Dark Side from his point of view, I think it really drives the Obi-Wan line (In ROTJ) "You'll find that truth depends greatly from our own point of view" home, and gives it an entirely new meaning.


Post Posted: August 28th 2005 2:10 pm
 

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Southern California
STDSkillz wrote:
I think there's an underlying theme in Episode III with the whole "Point of View" thing. After seeing how Anakin felt about the Jedi and the Dark Side from his point of view, I think it really drives the Obi-Wan line (In ROTJ) "You'll find that truth depends greatly from our own point of view" home, and gives it an entirely new meaning.


That was the first thing taht popped into my mind when I saw the film. do you think George put that in on purpose?


Post Posted: August 28th 2005 9:49 pm
 

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Southern California
wow, he can address point-of-view by the characters, but not which mother Leia was really remembering--mommy organa or padmé


Post Posted: August 29th 2005 1:17 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 1st 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 20
"I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you"


END OF THREAD !


Post Posted: August 31st 2005 7:18 pm
 

Join: October 6th 2004 8:26 pm
Posts: 395
Agent Smith wrote:
hmmm....I would say the credits. It put the prequel trilogy out of it's misery. ;)

Has anybody figured out why this fucktard keeps posting in the prequel forums? Also, why hasn't someone banned his sorry ass already?


Post Posted: August 31st 2005 8:50 pm
 

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Southern California
thecolorsblend wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:
hmmm....I would say the credits. It put the prequel trilogy out of it's misery. ;)

Has anybody figured out why this fucktard keeps posting in the prequel forums? Also, why hasn't someone banned his sorry ass already?


Post Posted: August 31st 2005 9:17 pm
 

Join: April 28th 2005 2:18 am
Posts: 155
Location: Dallas
thecolorsblend wrote:
Has anybody figured out why this fucktard keeps posting in the prequel forums?


he's just stirring the pot.


Post Posted: September 1st 2005 2:27 am
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
Agent Smith wrote:
hmmm....I would say the credits. It put the prequel trilogy out of it's misery. ;)


I'd say the same of The Matrix Revolutions, but the damn credits were 15 minutes long.


Post Posted: September 1st 2005 2:34 am
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
He's just going to say he doesn't like The Matrix, as usual.


Post Posted: September 5th 2005 2:09 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 4th 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 19
Listening to Robert Johnson this evening and he's whaling about meeting the devil at the crossroads, begging down on his knees... I got to thinking of Anakin begging the devil and making a pact, this story is so primal. :mrgreen:


Post Posted: September 5th 2005 9:17 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
I just want to elaborate on one of my favorite little scenes. I love how the holo-communication scene between Vader and the Emperor mirrors the scene in Empire.

ImageImage
ImageImage


Post Posted: September 5th 2005 9:55 pm
 
I am Jack's bowel cancer

Join: May 2nd 2005 4:19 pm
Posts: 447
Location: NorCal
I hadn't noticed that before, good find. :heavymetal:


Post Posted: September 5th 2005 11:04 pm
 

Join: April 28th 2005 2:18 am
Posts: 155
Location: Dallas
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
I just want to elaborate on one of my favorite little scenes. I love how the holo-communication scene between Vader and the Emperor mirrors the scene in Empire.


the scene was so similar I was at a loss when I didnt hear "what is thy bidding my master?". glad Lucas didnt include it, gives me the feeling Vader and Palpatine's relationship evolved over time. The older, wounded Vader appears much more subservient to Palpatine as the years pass.

Lucas is a halogram conversation genius and when a transmission starts I pay attention.


Post Posted: September 12th 2005 10:44 pm
 

Join: April 11th 2005 9:38 pm
Posts: 106
sultan bey wrote:
Lucas is a halogram conversation genius and when a transmission starts I pay attention.

Huh? You think this even after he screwed up the Emporer's scene in ESB on DVD?


Post Posted: September 12th 2005 10:48 pm
 

Join: April 11th 2005 9:38 pm
Posts: 106
CoGro wrote:
AOTC has it play once, but it's a small cue during the reintroduction of Padme and Anakin. The misuse of that theme is one of the great missed opportunities of the prequels.

It appears a second time in AOTC as well, after Anakin's nightmare when Anakin is on the balcony.


Post Posted: September 12th 2005 11:03 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
Re-tracked from TPM, as was the whole scene. Williams didn't even make an effort as far as we know to carry the theme over except for what CoGro mentioned.


Post Posted: September 12th 2005 11:23 pm
 

Join: April 11th 2005 9:38 pm
Posts: 106
How can you tell if it's re-tracked or not? And who cares if it is? It's still there.


Post Posted: September 14th 2005 7:03 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 428
Demodex wrote:
How can you tell if it's re-tracked or not? And who cares if it is? It's still there.


I think most Star Wars fans would agree they would like to hear the score as JW intended it, or would intend it given the chance. Not how GL, Ben Burtt and Matt Wood (am i right in holding those three accountable) decide it should sound.

Ben Burtt's editing in AOTC so heavily and horribly favored sound effect over music it made me want to eat my own vomit. You can barely hear the music in a fair number of scenes. Granted, the music was mostly rehash from TPM anyways....don't get me started.

Also, I'm going to hold Burtt accountable for the lack of music in the Invisible Hand scenes in ROTS. It doesn't hinder the scenes much, but there are instances where it's clear soundtrack was cut.


Post Posted: September 14th 2005 9:19 pm
 

Join: February 17th 2005 10:02 am
Posts: 40
Location: Ohio
Quote:
I would've liked a similar scene of Vader hurling shit at Obi-wan or Maybe the Emperor hurling shit at Yoda, but oh well. At least raise the volume of the music track. That cue plays as background music basically.


My thoughts exactly.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next



Jump to:  




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©