It is currently August 15th 2018 9:47 pm




 
Post Posted: October 7th 2005 6:53 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarsepisode3.html



Image

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/f20051006/img/p2_gal1_bg.jpg

Is that a clone trooper dressed as a Jedi (aka the novel)? If so, that's extremely badass.


Post Posted: October 7th 2005 7:00 pm
 

Join: February 16th 2005 5:16 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, it's a Clonetrooper...ala the novel.


Post Posted: October 7th 2005 10:33 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 428
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/rel ... el3_bg.jpg


"In "Confronting the Chancellor," diplomacy is given once last chance as Padmé voices her concerns to Palpatine with Anakin standing nearby."

Chilling! That's one scene that maybe I will regret having been cut. I was happy to see the Rebel stuff chopped, but Anakin being caught btwn Palpy and Padme...awkward! But in a great way.


Post Posted: October 10th 2005 6:33 pm
 

Join: May 3rd 2004 1:09 am
Posts: 386
Location: New Zealand
Another review: http://www.dvdcc.com/review.php?starwarsepisode3

And this pic:
Image

:|


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 12:48 am
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
So technically, from the sound of things, this is the only film Lucas has released on DVD unchanged from the original theatrical release? :heavymetal:

http://www.natalieportman.com posted these nice screencaps (Which are from http://www.dvdcc.com) of "A Stirring In The Senate" :

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 8:29 am
 

Join: January 23rd 2005 6:08 pm
Posts: 94
IGN's review:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/657/657410p1.html

The guy hates the movie (he makes a couple reasonable points, but there is a certain bitterness and self-righteousness that taints his credibility) but loves the video, audio and extras.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 12:09 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2539
Location: Toronto, Canada
IGN staff, with the exception of Jeremy, hate Lucas and the prequels...and the SE's.

If he wasn't writing the review, you would expect the film to get trashed.

But who cares since that's the one score that doesn't matter.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 1:13 pm
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
It's kind of funny how he constantly reiterates his prejudices just a sentence or two after he says he's finally over them.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 1:32 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
460px wide by 276px tall screenshots are dubbed "Hi-Res" by IGN. So I assume you need some sort of pay-subscription to see these in actual Hi-Res or they truly suck.

http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/746/746595/imgs_1.html


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 7:57 pm
 

Join: January 23rd 2005 6:08 pm
Posts: 94
I agree with Cogro and Dark, but after reading through the review again, I can't help but notice how he gives a perfect 10 to the extras, yet spends the entire time complaining and moaning about their content. Fortunately he decides to end the piece in the exact same hackneyed prose he so eagerly accuses Lucas of.

I really used to like IGN - it's a pity the only good thing coming out of there are comic book reviews - and I tend to only read them after I've already bought the comics.

Ah well. At least MF is still fun.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 8:37 pm
 

Join: April 27th 2005 12:17 pm
Posts: 10
That guy from IGN is a jerk, he's just out to bash Star Wars. IGN is the same site that gave Episode 1 a 7 and Episode 2 an 8. A 6 would mean Episode 3 is the worst of all of them and I don't think anyone believes that's the case. Plus, he doesn't even talk about the movie in his review, not the plot or story, not the scenes, just bashes acting and keeps mentioning Lucas by name. Why mention a guy's name over and over when he just made the movie, it's not about him? Anyway, I don't take that review seriously at all.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 8:43 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
Well the main reason I go to these reviews is for screenshots and details on the features. I could care less what these people think about the films.


Post Posted: October 11th 2005 9:41 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2539
Location: Toronto, Canada
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
Well the main reason I go to these reviews is for screenshots and details on the features. I could care less what these people think about the films.

truth


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 3:31 am
 

Join: April 27th 2005 12:17 pm
Posts: 10
Well, I'm the same way, I didn't read IGN's review to see thier opinion of the movie, I've seen the movie, I already know I love it. But since I was there I read the review and it was bull, just an excuse to take a shot at Lucas, barely even talked about the movie.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 12:08 pm
 
User avatar

Join: July 28th 2004 3:39 am
Posts: 80
Location: Malmoe, Sweden
Jesus, she's beautiful.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 12:57 pm
 

Join: February 16th 2005 5:16 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Los Angeles, CA
^Tell me about it. This is my favorite outfit of hers in the entire Prequels. And it happens to appear in my absolutely favorite scene in the entire Saga: The Rumination Scene.

Natalie, with those gorgeous curls, is blazin' hot.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 5:19 pm
 

Join: July 31st 2005 6:53 pm
Posts: 93
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
Well the main reason I go to these reviews is for screenshots and details on the features. I could care less what these people think about the films.


Couldn't agree more. Reviews like the one from that moron at IGN just piss me off because it's so blatanly obvious that he's biased against the movie. All I want to know about is the picture/sound quality and the bonus features, I could give a rat's ass what he thinks about the film.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 7:32 pm
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
ETAndElliot4Ever wrote:
Well the main reason I go to these reviews is for screenshots and details on the features. I could care less what these people think about the films.

klm42 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Reviews like the one from that moron at IGN just piss me off because it's so blatanly obvious that he's biased against the movie. All I want to know about is the picture/sound quality and the bonus features, I could give a rat's ass what he thinks about the film.


You think they're biased? Check out David Mumpower's (BoxOfficeProphets) yearly ranking list:

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/bigboa ... boardID=10


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 8:19 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 428
The Dark Shape wrote:
You think they're biased? Check out David Mumpower's (BoxOfficeProphets) yearly ranking list:

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/bigboa ... boardID=10


Who the fuck is that clown? And how does he have a job and or a website?

His number 2 movie of the year is Mr. and Mrs. Smith. How does he not laugh at himself?


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 8:55 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
MannyOrtez wrote:
Who the fuck is that clown?


Yeah, basically. I didn't know who David Mumpower was before clicking and I still don't know who he is after clicking out.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 9:18 pm
 

Join: April 3rd 2005 7:06 am
Posts: 21
I see prequel bashing is back in full earnest. It began with browncoats repugant criticisms against ROTS because their stupid movie tanked at the box-office. Now the same dork crtics have entered the fray.

You would think after ranting about the same subject for the past six fucking years that they would get bored with it. Surely if you've been hurt by something in the past, let it go. Don't keep on bringing up the same ill feelings which are only doing the person more psychological harm.

Anyway fuck them, the legacy of ROTS, the prequels and Star Wars will be talked about and remembered for years to come.

These douchebag's only legacy will be whether they can pry themselves out of their mum's basement.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 9:18 pm
 

Join: July 31st 2005 6:53 pm
Posts: 93
People like David Muffpower(whoever the hell he is) are so stupid that it's not even worth honoring their opinion with a comment.


Post Posted: October 12th 2005 10:17 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
Indeed there are shots of the DVD. And all this time I thought the stupid webcam was down.

"It's All For Real" is shown too. Pretty sweet shit, like crispy Anakin and flying Mace.


Post Posted: October 13th 2005 1:09 pm
 

Join: May 18th 2005 12:44 pm
Posts: 32
klm42 wrote:
People like David Muffpower(whoever the hell he is) are so stupid that it's not even worth honoring their opinion with a comment.


Errrr...you just did. :)


Post Posted: October 13th 2005 1:11 pm
 

Join: May 18th 2005 12:44 pm
Posts: 32
MannyOrtez wrote:

Who the fuck is that clown? And how does he have a job and or a website?

His number 2 movie of the year is Mr. and Mrs. Smith. How does he not laugh at himself?


:lol:


Post Posted: October 13th 2005 2:30 pm
 
User avatar

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: south of Mars and north of Hell
Whoa, good find. I like how they show the different variations that duel segment went through during editing. Very cool and interesting.


Post Posted: October 13th 2005 2:46 pm
 

Join: May 11th 2004 2:11 pm
Posts: 142
BoxOfficeProphets is generally laughed at for proudly displaying their biases. Some, like Mumpower, are worse than others. Not to keep harping -- but to finish this off, 'cuz the guy's a loon I like to make fun of -- here's his comment when you click on the movie link:

David Mumpower: So long and thanks for all the Sith. PS: good riddance, you fraudulent hack.

I think he might've had his mind made up before he walked into the theater (if he even did). Maybe.


Post Posted: October 13th 2005 5:05 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
kleeobiward wrote:


Edit: Thanks for the link. They chose the best part of the duel in my opinion.


Post Posted: October 14th 2005 10:53 am
 

Join: February 23rd 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 13
kleeobiward wrote:

Does anyone know the download links, please???


Post Posted: October 14th 2005 12:14 pm
 

Join: September 16th 2004 5:12 pm
Posts: 318
Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3


Post Posted: October 14th 2005 3:35 pm
 

Join: February 23rd 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 13
THANKS!!! :)


Post Posted: October 14th 2005 11:04 pm
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
Pretty amusing.

Image

ImageImage


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 12:25 am
 

Join: October 6th 2004 8:26 pm
Posts: 395
Ya know, I really hope I figure out some day why people (like that IGN ass hat) have such a hard-on for actors. "Lucas cares nothing about the actors! He's not an actor's director!! ACTORS, ACTORS, ACTORS!!!!!"

Fuck actors, their "job" (if you can call earning millions of dollars for three months of "work" a job) is to read what's on a page; that's not hard. Mace should be stoic, Anakin should be conflicted, Padme should be emotionally devestated, Obi-Wan should be heartbroken, what's the big fucking mystery here? Every now and then an actor goes above and beyond and creates something cool (Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in Lebowski, for instance), but by and large their task isn't all that complicated.

Pay no attention to them. Whiney fucktards like that IGN dude uniformly bitch about the superiority of models, rubber masks, puppets and dumbass effects like those over CGI, not because CG effects are truly inferior but because they're so in vogue right now.

I'd so love to kick every single one of these losers in the nuts.

As for actors, if they struggle with blue screen, here's some free advice- USE YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION.


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 12:36 am
 
User avatar

Join: January 14th 2005 4:42 pm
Posts: 279
i see your hatred for actors runs deep. just as mine.


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 2:41 am
 

Join: October 6th 2004 8:26 pm
Posts: 395
BrotherTheFirst wrote:
i see your hatred for actors runs deep. just as mine.

I don't hate actors (except for the political activist breed, they need to be roped to a chair and have pies thrown in their face), but I do somewhat resent how they think they're the star of a movie. They're not. Lucas and I agree on this, the story is the star of a movie and everything (music, actors, sound design, effects, etc) serves the story.


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 11:25 am
 

Join: July 31st 2005 6:53 pm
Posts: 93
thecolorsblend wrote:
Ya know, I really hope I figure out some day why people (like that IGN ass hat) have such a hard-on for actors. "Lucas cares nothing about the actors! He's not an actor's director!! ACTORS, ACTORS, ACTORS!!!!!"

Fuck actors, their "job" (if you can call earning millions of dollars for three months of "work" a job) is to read what's on a page; that's not hard. Mace should be stoic, Anakin should be conflicted, Padme should be emotionally devestated, Obi-Wan should be heartbroken, what's the big fucking mystery here? Every now and then an actor goes above and beyond and creates something cool (Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in Lebowski, for instance), but by and large their task isn't all that complicated.

Pay no attention to them. Whiney fucktards like that IGN dude uniformly bitch about the superiority of models, rubber masks, puppets and dumbass effects like those over CGI, not because CG effects are truly inferior but because they're so in vogue right now.

I'd so love to kick every single one of these losers in the nuts.

As for actors, if they struggle with blue screen, here's some free advice- USE YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION.



Well said, my man. :heavymetal:


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 12:19 pm
 
User avatar

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 1151
Aye, thecolorsblend. Right on!


Post Posted: October 16th 2005 9:09 pm
 

Join: February 9th 2005 12:53 pm
Posts: 34
thecolorsblend wrote:
As for actors, if they struggle with blue screen, here's some free advice- USE YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION.


Exactly. It's no different than being on stage.


Post Posted: October 17th 2005 12:55 am
 

Join: July 31st 2005 6:53 pm
Posts: 93
weezyslob wrote:
That guy from IGN is a jerk, he's just out to bash Star Wars. IGN is the same site that gave Episode 1 a 7 and Episode 2 an 8. A 6 would mean Episode 3 is the worst of all of them and I don't think anyone believes that's the case. Plus, he doesn't even talk about the movie in his review, not the plot or story, not the scenes, just bashes acting and keeps mentioning Lucas by name. Why mention a guy's name over and over when he just made the movie, it's not about him? Anyway, I don't take that review seriously at all.


Apparently that guy(Todd Gilchrist) doesn't take too kindly to people criticizing his reviews. I sent IGN an e-mail saying that all I really wanted from a DVD review was information on the picture/sound quality and bonus materials because if I'm reading the review in the first place chances are I'm interested in buying the DVD. I also said that his review was biased and poorly written with no substance whatsoever, just an outright bashing of Lucas and the prequel trilogy. Well, he personally sent me an e-mail tonight which read(and I quote): "You're an idiot. Fuck off." Pretty professional behavior, huh? Needless to say, I won't be visiting IGN anymore.


Post Posted: October 17th 2005 1:07 am
 
User avatar

Join: March 22nd 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 1494
Location: Deep Space Nine
I personally wouldn't give a damn what these clowns have to whine about. If it's making you happy and others miserable, it's their loss. Fuck 'em all.

Although, this:

Quote:
But the fact remains that no matter how much hope one holds for the future of the franchise, Lucas no longer has a comfortable grasp on either the series itself or even the most basic tenets of storytelling and directing.


Lucas no longer has a comfortable grasp on the series? That's news to me.


Post Posted: October 17th 2005 4:53 pm
 

Join: October 6th 2004 8:26 pm
Posts: 395
klm42 wrote:
Apparently that guy(Todd Gilchrist) doesn't take too kindly to people criticizing his reviews.

Well then he probably shouldn't fill them up with bullshit, huh? Like someone else wrote, his #2 this year was Mr and Mrs Smith, the guy's opinion is worthless. Punk.

EDIT- And BTW, how friggin pretentious is it to already have your top 70 movies of the year compiled in October???


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 



Jump to:  
cron




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©