[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - need help regarding widescreen TV's
It is currently July 14th 2020 8:00 pm

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 1:39 am

Fat Bastard

Join: September 27th 2005 8:01 pm

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 5:17 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
I have also been seriously thinking of doing this.

LCD and DLP are ok, but I keep finding myself liking the look of plasma displays better.
I have finally settled on the newest Panasonic plasma models that are just coming out this month. I'm going to get either the 37" or the 42," both of which are around $2,000. I won't be getting this until around Xmas this year or maybe even after the first of the year, and of course I'll look for the best buy I can get. Speaking of "Best Buy," I avoid that store and Circuit City like the plague, but in this case, I might go with BB since it's close to my home and I can try to talk them down in price a bit.

Here is a link to the latest Panasonic plasmas and some reviews of older models. Note the life-span of the plasma TVs. If some zit-faced saleskid tries to tell you that plasma only lasts 2 or 3 years, tell him he's full of shit. The newest plasma technology has a 60,000 hour lifespan. That's as long if not longer than any TV tube ever made:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plas ... smatv.html

Here's a direct link to the Panasonic TH-37PH9UK that I am most considering:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plas ... ph9uk.html

I'm leaning towards the 37" because of the size of the room, and of course price. Like I said, the 37" and 42" displays are in the $2K range, but the 37" is more like $1800 or so. It will end up being about $400 less expensive than the 42", and the difference is just 5 inches. I figure if I really want to watch Star Wars or Lord of the Rings on a gigantic screen, I can buy a projector from a friend of mine who sells them and hang a sheet up on the wall somewhere, rather than having a gigantic screen overpowering the room all the time.

Anyway, that's my advice. Hope this helps.

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 8:17 am

Fat Bastard

I was thinking plasma myself but I can't afford anything like that, right now. I know it's weird...but I would rather get an LCD widescreen and I've been told by a few people who have them that they're great. I don't mind going to Circuit City, I've been there before and have never been let down by them at all. Circuit City and Best Buy are really close by me but I perfer going to Circuit City for getting a TV, they are a bit cheaper to than Best Buy.

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 8:38 am

I am Jack's bowel cancer

Join: May 2nd 2005 4:19 pm
I've got Toshiba DLP. Quality is great for me and it was a great price. Doing the research that I did, I found that a DLP will keep it's color and picture longer the picture of an LCD, however the LCD has better color, and brightness. This can be a big'un when watching DVD's, but not so much with HD. Anyways you're on the right path.

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 9:10 am

OBGYN

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 12:56 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: July 27th 2006 3:55 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: August 18th 2006 12:46 pm

Join: August 18th 2006 2:46 am

Post Posted: August 18th 2006 3:08 pm

OBGYN

Post Posted: August 19th 2006 3:10 pm

Post Posted: August 22nd 2006 9:06 pm

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: August 23rd 2006 2:59 am

Post Posted: August 23rd 2006 3:14 am

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: August 23rd 2006 4:59 am

OBGYN

Post Posted: August 23rd 2006 5:15 am

Fat Bastard

Post Posted: September 8th 2006 7:36 pm

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm

Post Posted: September 8th 2006 7:52 pm

OBGYN

Post Posted: September 8th 2006 8:28 pm

Post Posted: September 9th 2006 7:02 pm

Just a heads up for anyone else who might've had similar probs, but I turned "DRC" off. "DRC" is suppossed to make the picture look better, but for some reason was adding all this noise and pixelation to the HD signal.

Post Posted: October 14th 2006 11:02 am

Post Posted: October 14th 2006 1:18 pm

Fat Bastard

I don't know who your post was directed to however as I said anything above 34'' is too big for my room and too expensive for me. I actually won't be able to upgrade my home theater system for another couple of years. I got other shit coming up right now that I am making as top priorities though. Who knows maybe in a couple of years (2008ish) the Maganvox 32'' Widescreen HDTV that I'm going to get will be down in price by then. One can only hope.

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©