It is currently June 22nd 2018 11:59 am




 
Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 1:59 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2535
Location: Toronto, Canada
Amazon (The Art Of Force Awakens)

Concept of Anakin/Vader as a Force ghost. This is a pretty insane and awesome concept. I can imagine Vader communicating with Ren, and Anakin communing with Rey, and them possibly switching.

This could be an opportunity to recast the Anakin role...

ImageImageImage

ANAKIN/VADER GHOST 01, 02 & 03 "If we see Anakin Skywalker, becasue he does flow back and forth between Darth Vader and Anakin, let's see him as a c haracter with a dark and light side. The reaseon Luke is this whole new entity is because he was the first to acknowledge his own dark side - that it was not separate from him." McCaig


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 3:05 pm
 
User avatar

Title: darthpsychotic@gmail.com
Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Posts: 4218
In the MF (Member's Only) Cargo Forums' Books subforum are ultra-resolution Snake Scans (countinously being updated).

Above and below are reduced resolution images.

Image

VILLIAN "This one was 'it' for a while. JJ saw this, and that' swhen he got the idea that this guy would be an imposter of Darth Vader, in order to mess with Luke's head." Alzmann


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 3:13 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 2nd 2010 7:40 am
Posts: 631
CoGro wrote:
Amazon (The Art Of Force Awakens)

Concept of Anakin/Vader as a Force ghost. This is a pretty insane and awesome concept. I can imagine Vader communicating with Ren, and Anakin communing with Rey, and them possibly switching.

This could be an opportunity to recast the Anakin role...

ANAKIN/VADER GHOST 01, 02 & 03 "If we see Anakin Skywalker, becasue he does flow back and forth between Darth Vader and Anakin, let's see him as a c haracter with a dark and light side. The reaseon Luke is this whole new entity is because he was the first to acknowledge his own dark side - that it was not separate from him." McCaig


The Darth Vader persona is gone. It couldn't communicate with anyone because it ceased to exist. That's the whole point. And why would they recast Anakin? Not to mention that a Sith Lord as a ghost goes against the very concept of the Force spirits. The Sith are not selfless.


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 3:33 pm
 
Site Admin
User avatar

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Posts: 1594
I'm more convinced than ever that Anakin will show up in EP8 as a force ghost. Not just communicating with Luke & Rey but Kylo also. In fact I believe that Anakin's presence will eventually lead Kylo back to the light to help defeat Snoke/Plagueis in EP9.


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 4:39 pm
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 281
does Kylo know what really happened? I dont think so... youd think Luke would mention Anakin defeated the emperor


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 5:46 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 198
Impressive... Most impressive.


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 9:09 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1114
SI wrote:
I believe that Anakin's presence will eventually lead Kylo back to the light to help defeat Snoke/Plagueis in EP9.

Force ghost Anakin should have spent that last 30 years atoning for his sins. Converting Kylo might fully wipe the slate clean for him.

Hokusai wrote:
does Kylo know what really happened? I dont think so... youd think Luke would mention Anakin defeated the emperor

Per the TFA novel, both Snoke and Kylo know that Vader offed the Emperor (see below). They believe that Vader had a moment of weakness, and, if he had struck down Luke, all would have been right in the galaxy.

Image


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 9:50 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
Alexrd wrote:
The Darth Vader persona is gone. It couldn't communicate with anyone because it ceased to exist. That's the whole point. And why would they recast Anakin? Not to mention that a Sith Lord as a ghost goes against the very concept of the Force spirits. The Sith are not selfless.


Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

This goes back to comments I posted in another thread.

The Sith's desire in this area seems to focus on extending physical life.

The loss of the Qui-Gon scene in Episode III really did hurt. Personally, I would've changed some of the dialogue in the scene. But overall, its loss was big. If Neeson didn't want to do it, there was no need to show a clearly visible Qui-Gon. And there was a voice actor who sounded just like Neeson in episode one of Season Two of the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon.


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 11:11 pm
 
User avatar

Title: darthpsychotic@gmail.com
Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Posts: 4218
The Anakin Vader concept is similiar to The Old Republic's Shadow Of Revan expansion where there is a lightside Revan and a darkside Revan. In addition to the Order Of Revan cult to Knights Of Ren.

More conceptual art: Luke The Exiled

millenniumfalcon.com

Amazon book preview images:



Amazon reviewer posted pictures from the book:


Post Posted: December 23rd 2015 11:41 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2535
Location: Toronto, Canada
I got the book. It's awesome. I highly recommend buying this one.


Post Posted: December 29th 2015 5:38 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 22nd 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Skellig
I gotta get this


Post Posted: December 29th 2015 9:16 pm
 
Bush Pilot
User avatar

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
Posts: 1452
The book is well worth the purchase price. I took away the feeling that going into the project, no one had a clear goal as to what the end game was. Now, this may be JJ's creative process as opposed to Lucas'. There were a lot of story ideas thrown at the wall to see what stuck.


Post Posted: December 30th 2015 2:10 am
 

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
Posts: 206
Topeka wrote:
The book is well worth the purchase price. I took away the feeling that going into the project, no one had a clear goal as to what the end game was. Now, this may be JJ's creative process as opposed to Lucas'. There were a lot of story ideas thrown at the wall to see what stuck.

I agree. Having read the book, I'm left wondering why they decided on the more unimaginative stuff making it to the screen. Some of the concept designs in the book seem way more Star Wars like, and bring more 'scale' than we got in the actual film.


Post Posted: December 30th 2015 9:06 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Unimaginative is safer....and that's a term you see a lot in the reviews. TFA is a safe star wars, to get the general population back in.

Doesn't make it bad, just means that it needs better mass appeal. Also doesn't mean that you won't eventually see those designs in later movies, since Disney loves to reused the designs that it's money paid for.


Post Posted: December 30th 2015 11:08 am
 
User avatar

Join: September 4th 2011 6:10 am
Posts: 132
Location: UK
CoGro wrote:
I got the book. It's awesome. I highly recommend buying this one.



I received this book for Christmas...it’s an excellent read with stunning imagery.


Post Posted: December 30th 2015 4:22 pm
 

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
Posts: 206
Cryostar wrote:
Unimaginative is safer....and that's a term you see a lot in the reviews. TFA is a safe star wars, to get the general population back in.

Doesn't make it bad, just means that it needs better mass appeal. Also doesn't mean that you won't eventually see those designs in later movies, since Disney loves to reused the designs that it's money paid for.

"Safer" is the key word... and whilst I agree that they may resurface later on, I think there's a risk (with TFA being so financially successful) that they'll (the studio) want the rest of the ST to be safe too. However, I like Rian Johnson's work and I think he'll try and be more 'free' with it.


Post Posted: December 31st 2015 12:00 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
In the grand scope of the Star Wars Tent pole, I think the further it goes on, the more risk will be allowed.

As it stands, Rebels is very successful, and TFA is going to make it's money back + more.

Rogue One is a risk....much will depend on that. Kasdan's alrady said that Johnson's script is a bit weirder than his, so there is some risk there already. It's going to be a fun ride.


Post Posted: January 2nd 2016 1:49 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2535
Location: Toronto, Canada
The book mentions that it was Rick Carter's idea to make the planets snow, forrest and desert environments to feel more "Star Wars" to the audience. There are some amazing and unique ideas that originally saw Jakku as a massive garbage junkyard planet, and Tokodana as a Casablanca-inspired pirate cove.

I do think it was a mistake to reuse environments for new planets. It feels lazy and uncreative, and will no doubt confuse younger and casual viewers. I understand the thought process of wanting to ground Star Wars in reality and harken back to that "OT feel" but this could have been done using new environment just as well.


Post Posted: January 3rd 2016 3:42 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
if you stop looking at these as something "artistic" and realize that these are business decisions.

While, I agree that it would be nice to have a pirate cove planet, the fact is, there are people that were not sold Episode VII was going to be bankable and the franchise could be re-envigorated.

This is the first of at least 6 years of movies to come, and possibly 6 more after that.

Give it a freaking rest and enjoy it for what it is, or get a damned job at Disney and try to make your own version of star wars.


Post Posted: January 3rd 2016 3:45 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2535
Location: Toronto, Canada
I would if I could.

And you would fucking love it.


Post Posted: January 4th 2016 11:43 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Image


Post Posted: January 5th 2016 4:58 pm
 
User avatar

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 1120
:lol:

Leave art to the artists.


Post Posted: January 5th 2016 6:32 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Which, according to Old Navy, is no one...

:P


Post Posted: January 6th 2016 3:54 am
 

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
Posts: 206
Cryostar wrote:
if you stop looking at these as something "artistic" and realize that these are business decisions.

While, I agree that it would be nice to have a pirate cove planet, the fact is, there are people that were not sold Episode VII was going to be bankable and the franchise could be re-envigorated.

This is the first of at least 6 years of movies to come, and possibly 6 more after that.

Give it a freaking rest and enjoy it for what it is, or get a damned job at Disney and try to make your own version of star wars.

I'm not sure a site like this would have any relevance if we were to simply see every facet of Star Wars for its $ value only. Sure, business decisions underpin it... but ultimately I think the better films are the ones where the filmmakers ideas are less unfettered by hard business..


Post Posted: January 6th 2016 8:43 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Surely, those films where the studio says less and has less impact, but the fact is, that director is making that film to make money. they have bosses....those bosses have to be happy. Producers want a return on investment.

This is what drives hollywood. That's why TFA didn't open at Cannes or Toronto film festival....that's why it's not independent.


Post Posted: January 6th 2016 9:30 am
 

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
Posts: 206
I think there's an entire spectrum between an independent film and a studio one. It's a not a neither or situation. If it were, every studio film would be of the same calibre and quality. It shouldn't really be an excuse for bad filmmaking. The best films, IMO, are the ones that balance the artistic/financial drivers.


Post Posted: January 6th 2016 10:05 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2535
Location: Toronto, Canada
ROTS opened at Cannes.

The reality is that TFA was going to make 700 million irrespective of certain creative choices. I mean, let's not pretend that Star Wars was in dire straights in advance of the film's release. Episode 7 could have been about Luke taking a 2 hour shit and the hype would have blown up Earth (funny enough that might have been a sub plot of the movie). The environments that ultimately were chosen had exactly zero to do with the film's success either critically or commercially.


Post Posted: January 6th 2016 10:11 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
I think the chances were better, but far from certain.

Disney does their math. ROTS didn't even break the top 50 (adjusted) all time. AOTC isn't even in the top 75, and is in danger of falling off the chart. JJ helped, and the original three helped too, but I wouldn't have called it a certain success, not with the need to make 1.5 billion to break even.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 



Jump to:  
cron




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©