[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - The Mandalorian • S01E03 • Chapter 3
It is currently September 25th 2020 12:36 am

Post Posted: November 22nd 2019 8:52 am

darthpsychotic@gmail.com

Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm

Post Posted: November 22nd 2019 8:17 pm

Join: December 24th 2004 6:14 pm

Post Posted: November 22nd 2019 8:32 pm

Join: January 31st 2005 11:58 pm
You're damn right this thing has a lot of heart. I had fucking tears in my eyes while watching this, as I had believed that Star Wars (as I knew it) was over.
If anyone can bring it back, it's Favreau and Filoni. I haven't felt this way about SW since Lucas and Filoni were way into TCW.
I can feel the passion seeping through while watching this show; which I do not feel when watching the sequels. They feel so hollow creatively bankrupt to me.
Deborah Chow did a great job and I have no doubt that she'll do great with the Kenobi series. I hope that Favreau, Filoni and even Lucas will be on hand to assist.

Post Posted: November 22nd 2019 8:44 pm

Join: December 24th 2004 6:14 pm

Post Posted: November 23rd 2019 6:11 am

Title:
Join: December 16th 2015 9:42 am
This episode more or less affirms my guess as to what the Imperial remnant want from the Yoda baby. I think they said 'Extract what you need'. So I'm pretty sure we're talking about Midichlorians here. So that's Force related and I can only assume this has something to do with old Palpy, which we know will return (or appear in a flashback?) in some form in IX.

I liked pretty much the entire episode but I'm starting to feel our Mandalorian has a bit too much luck on his side from time to time. Then again, he never feels invincible either, so I guess it's a good balance. I loved that one shot where the camera was real low during the Stormtrooper shootout and he blasted the Stormtrooper he pulled to the floor with his cord. It was a real beautiful shot, that one.

I also like how they showed the struggle of the Mandalorian to break the code and rescue baby Yoda. There's so much expression without words and no actual face to read in all his actions. You kind of knew he was going to get the kid out of there, but there were some moments I really started to doubt. The moment he picked up the little knob from the lever on his ship, beautiful turning point. I cheered and hoped he'd get him out in time.

What an absolute killer show this is so far. I hope they can keep this quality up for the remainder of the episodes. For sure will buy this series if they release it on BluRay.

Post Posted: November 23rd 2019 6:12 am

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
I feel there's something horribly broken with Disney Star Wars at the moment. Sure, I like The Mandalorian, for what it is, but it's hardly pushing the concept. It looks and feels like a live action cartoon (which isn't a bad thing), but for me this isn't in the same league, quality wise, as something like Watchmen, Westworld, The Crown etc. (IMHO). I'm now reduced to having to illegally download the best Star Wars currently has to offer (and I appreciate this site for making it possible), because Disney/Lucasfilm have determined content is only available on demand (and not available in the UK).

Post Posted: November 23rd 2019 4:29 pm

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Another badass chapter. I really think it gets better all the time.

And now we at long last know what that mysterious Cloud City ice cream maker thing was! :XD:

Post Posted: November 23rd 2019 4:50 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©