It is currently April 20th 2018 11:03 am




 
Post Posted: April 8th 2018 8:06 pm
 
User avatar

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 1107
New official trailer! :o



New official poster! :cool:

Image

Still collecting my thoughts on it but I'm more thrilled than not. And I love that there's more than one Wookiee in our future. :chewbacca: :chewbacca:


Post Posted: April 8th 2018 8:26 pm
 

Join: October 15th 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 38
Location: Armchair, Attic
The_Somnambulist wrote:

New official poster!


Corellian Corvettes? Makes sense I guess.

And about the trailer... I'm not sure what to expect of this movie. No emotions so far; no familiar faces at all. Even Chewie is new. And who will have the surprise cameo (like Yoda in TLJ)? Jabba seems like an obvious choice. Vader? Emperor visiting Corellia?
I'm not saying "I have a bad feeling about this". I just don't feel the connection yet, like it did with previous SW movies. What a strange feeling :/ .


Post Posted: April 8th 2018 8:45 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 426
Visually it continues to look interesting. Donald Glover looks like he's going to make a great Lando. I can't say the same about Alden as Han. I think they are hiding him a bit in the trailer b/c his performance is not great. Nothing about him is Han. I still don't get the point of this movie if you aren't going to find an actor who can portray the character.

I think the movie was doomed from the start. The kid is 28 - this isn't a young Han Solo. He's way too close in age to Han/Harrison in A New Hope - that was a terrible decision. Had they made him late teens / early 20s, I think there would've been more of a blank slate for the actor. But as it scripted and cast, we're seeing him as a fully developed adult. He should really resemble the man we see in ANH.


Post Posted: April 9th 2018 12:31 am
 

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am
Posts: 192
I have to say that the new trailer does nothing for me. From a cinematography perspective it almost looks like a TV movie. I mostly like the actors involved, but not feeling particularly excited about this. I think they missed an opportunity to do Han Solo versus Boba Fett or Han versus the Trandoshan hordes type thing.


Post Posted: April 9th 2018 5:40 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3393
I still have mixed feelings about this, and probably will until after I see it.
I'm really not crazy about the music on this trailer. It's like John Williams Lite.

Concerning the lead actor's age - The actor is 28, but the character could be a little younger. Not by much though. Either way, he'll be at least 8 - 10 years younger than ANH Solo.

Another observation - There are visual references to Blade Runner and Indiana Jones in this trailer. So is this story a look at younger Han Solo, or an homage to Harrison Ford? :|

Oh, and I still need to do naughty things to Emilia Clarke. :bunnys:


Post Posted: April 9th 2018 7:23 pm
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3393
https://entertainment.theonion.com/fans ... lMarketing

:lol:


Post Posted: April 11th 2018 4:26 am
 

Join: January 12th 2016 6:34 am
Posts: 64
Though it's not much difference, Alden turned 28 about a month after filming completed. He was 27 most, or the entirety of filming the movie. Harrison Ford was 33-34 while filming Star Wars in 1976. Most of this SOLO movie is said to be set 10 years before ANH. Han was listed to be 29 in ANH for years, but it seems that has been nullified according to Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo. He said that Han is not even sure of his exact age. I am assuming they are going with Han being early 30s in ANH and early 20s in SOLO. (Aside from some scenes that my show him in his late teens)

Remember. Felicity Jones was early 30s playing Jyn Erso in her early 20s. Luke was supposed to be 19 in ANH, while Hamill was 24 or 25.


Post Posted: April 11th 2018 5:28 am
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
I'm still trying to wrap my head around Woody Harrelson being in a Star Wars movie. :roll:


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 9:10 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3393
Well, Woody H was fine in a Planet of the Apes movie.

Imagine older fans (like me) when we heard that the black guy from the man crush tv movie Brian's Song and the Diana Ross sappy vehicle Mahogany was going to be in "Star Wars 2." :o


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 8:28 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 198
Bandersnatch wrote:
Well, Woody H was fine in a Planet of the Apes movie.

Imagine older fans (like me) when we heard that the black guy from the man crush tv movie Brian's Song and the Diana Ross sappy vehicle Mahogany was going to be in "Star Wars 2." :o


Or when we found out in '97-'98 that Liam Neeson was going to play a "Venerable Jedi Master."

Like, who thought that Liam Neeson and Star Wars would go together?

I always saw him in the 90's as an action star and a period actor. (He did appear in a bunch of movies that take place in the Victorian era, mind you.)

Solo looks good, BTW, but it's not going to overtake Rogue One as the best Anthology film.


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 9:37 pm
 

Join: September 25th 2016 11:51 am
Posts: 42
Freezus wrote:
Bandersnatch wrote:
Well, Woody H was fine in a Planet of the Apes movie.

Imagine older fans (like me) when we heard that the black guy from the man crush tv movie Brian's Song and the Diana Ross sappy vehicle Mahogany was going to be in "Star Wars 2." :o


Or when we found out in '97-'98 that Liam Neeson was going to play a "Venerable Jedi Master."

Like, who thought that Liam Neeson and Star Wars would go together?

I always saw him in the 90's as an action star and a period actor. (He did appear in a bunch of movies that take place in the Victorian era, mind you.)

Solo looks good, BTW, but it's not going to overtake Rogue One as the best Anthology film.


Well, at this point, I don't expect it to, but, Rogue One is the only good film out of Disney's Star Wars movies right now.


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 9:40 pm
 

Join: September 25th 2016 11:51 am
Posts: 42
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

#SoloAStarWarsStory runtime is finally officially revealed (2 hours and 15 minutes long): https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/04 ... tival.html


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 9:51 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Sith Lord
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 198
RogueOne1216 wrote:

Well, at this point, I don't expect it to, but, Rogue One is the only good film out of Disney's Star Wars movies right now.


Yep If I was going to rank the Disney era films I'd rank them as follows:

Rogue One > TLJ > TFA

The only reason I would rank TFA that low is because it's almost a remake of ANH.


Post Posted: April 12th 2018 10:05 pm
 

Join: September 25th 2016 11:51 am
Posts: 42
Freezus wrote:
RogueOne1216 wrote:

Well, at this point, I don't expect it to, but, Rogue One is the only good film out of Disney's Star Wars movies right now.


Yep If I was going to rank the Disney era films I'd rank them as follows:

Rogue One > TLJ > TFA

The only reason I would rank TFA that low is because it's almost a remake of ANH.


Well, we'll see where Solo ranks soon enough.


Post Posted: April 15th 2018 9:04 am
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1097
New Character Images


Post Posted: April 18th 2018 5:45 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1097
Interesting interview about the script and characters. For some reason, Jon calls his Dad Larry.



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 



Jump to:  
cron




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©