[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Rogue One • MF Spoiler Reviews
It is currently March 28th 2020 9:59 pm

Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post Posted: December 27th 2016 4:45 pm

Title:
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm

Post Posted: December 27th 2016 11:52 pm

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am

Post Posted: December 28th 2016 1:41 pm

Join: January 31st 2005 11:58 pm
Absolutely loved Rogue One. Seen it four times so far and plan on seeing it again!
The story was great - really enjoyed it. If this is the benchmark for the standalones, I hope they can either match or surpass this effort.
All the new characters were fantastic and the standouts for me were; Saw Gererra, CG Tarkin (Brilliant!) and of course, Darth Fucking Vader!

As a kid who grew up on the originals, seeing Vader annihilating Rebel Troopers had me all choked up.
Was very happy with the inclusion of PT Mon Mothma, Jimmy Smits' Bail Organa and Mustafar/Vader's Castle.
Really impressed with the way they utilised unused footage from ANH (Red Leader etc)
Loved the nods to Rebels too - and that last shot of Leia is now more precious than ever.

Post Posted: December 29th 2016 2:00 pm

Join: October 13th 2014 4:07 pm
I really enjoyed it a lot more than the TFA. Tarkin wasn't 100% but I still thoroughly enjoyed his reappearance as did I with all the rebel pilots and era specific costumes and hair styles. Lot's of excellent details that left me wanting MORE which is something I did not feel with TFA. I absolutely loved the varied environments that felt unique and memorable unlike TFA. The space battle brought back memories of playing Rogue Squadron and the characters were enjoyable in their own ways. I think this movie benefited greatly from the lack of Jedi action even though Vader was absolutely badass slaughtering rebels. I didn't care for the soundtrack all that much, though I didn't like TFA's soundtrack either.

Great film and pleasantly surprised at the overall quality. :)

Post Posted: December 29th 2016 2:02 pm

Join: December 1st 2004 9:42 pm

Post Posted: December 29th 2016 3:47 pm

Join: December 24th 2015 5:26 am

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 1:11 pm

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
For me... it makes sense by looking at them. They are different, the cargo hold being removable will make for weakened areas. The heads are different, they seem to be taller, have a different purpose, on a different planet, being shot by different weapons... not sure whats so confusing here. The snowspeeder pilots obviously thought they could damage the Hoth At-Ats or they would not have tried shooting at them. It was only after the initial plan was commenced that they realized "that armor is too strong for blasters" so they went with the tow cables. Re purposing other fighters would take too long. Im sure on the battle of Jakku, they changed things up.

Man, I feel like a nerd.

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 4:09 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
I'd say among the nerds on this board, I'm probably one of the pickiest when it comes to continuity and breaks in story logic. This is not a case of lazy writing, or a failure in world building. It was clear to me, both visually and in name, that the AT-ACTS are different than AT-ATs and therefore their armaments or armour should not be compared 1:1 to the walkers of ESB.

There are real world examples of this: a BMW 5 series and an M5 are similar looking cars, but one is supercharged. Why can't Imperial walkers have different strengths based on need? The Rogue One vehicles clearly looked like haulers rather than assault walkers.

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 5:16 pm

Or, you know, the filmmaker just thought it would look cool to see a walker being blown up in his movie. No need to rely on ancillary information and our own speculation to justify a bit of fan wank. Fan wank has its place, but in this instance I don't believe it served any purpose other than to induce a sense of "ooh look an imperial walker".. "ooh look an imperial walker being blown up... cool". Again, these things have their place, but Rogue One's use of them stopped what was a fun movie becoming a really good one. The walkers is a smaller example of the same thing, which was a tad too much fan service - as I thought the inclusion of Tarkin and Vader (as great as it was to see them) actually took away from other characters (Krennic being the main loser)... In my opinion of course...

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 7:25 pm

I agree Krennic was under-served. I have a feeling the cutting room floor is the culprit. It also appears many of the walker scenes were cut. I had the feeling that the base was ill prepared for that type of assault and once Krennic realizes whats going on, everyone else is in panic mode. The walkers were doing some other job and suddenly had to start firing on soldiers. I dont need a movie to explain every little detail. I like to fill in the blanks with my imagination... I thought that was the point.

How do spaceships in SW fly in space? its totally impossible to bank like that... director must think its cool to have spaceships fly like airplanes.

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 10:51 pm

Join: October 15th 2014 8:24 pm
I was (and still am) bitterly disappointed by TFA, so much so that I almost didn't go to see Rogue One until some friends roped me along.

I'm very glad I did. It's rekindled my faith in the franchise again. Is it perfect? No, it certainly has its flaws, but it felt a lot more like Star Wars to me than Episode 7.

As others have said, i'd kill for a movie of nothing but 2 hours of Vader slaughtering people. God that scene was amazing.

Post Posted: December 30th 2016 11:09 pm

Post Posted: December 31st 2016 2:41 am

Title:
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm

Post Posted: December 31st 2016 4:39 am

Post Posted: December 31st 2016 5:19 am

Join: October 15th 2014 4:19 am

Post Posted: January 2nd 2017 6:27 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Fan service? What next?

"hey man that Vader dude used a fucking lightsabre. They used them in the OT that's just blatant fan service"

How anyone considers the use of the AT-ACT's on Scarif as "fan service" is beyond me.

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 1:22 pm

Original ideas? What next? C'mon... are we to dismiss a criticism just because some fans don't want the new films to regurgitate the same characters/concepts ad nauseam? Is this the 'new' hipster thing to do? To not tolerate any critique of the new films? I thought Rogue One was too concerned with, what I believed to be, uneseresary iconography. Be it Tarkin, Vader or the unessersary cameo of Princess Leia. I didn't hate the film, I enjoyed it.

Get some perspective please... The way it's looking I fully expect the Han Solo film to feature Greedo, Boba Fett, Lando losing the Falcon to Solo, Han making the Kessel run and being given the smuggling job by Jabba... before ending with Han going to the cantina for a quick drink. Now some will believe all those elements will make it 'better', because it's fan service right? And some of us think it's unesersary when there's literally a galaxy of other things to portray.

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 5:12 pm

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 5:44 pm

Site Admin

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 5:51 pm

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 6:00 pm

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 6:25 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Necessarily.

Post Posted: January 3rd 2017 6:58 pm

The Death Star has been overused. Just now watching TPM with my 6yr old son. I thought of this conversation when C3PO introduces himself to R2D2. Pretty silly.

Post Posted: January 4th 2017 6:32 pm

Site Admin

Post Posted: January 5th 2017 12:40 am

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
SI is correct. Disney has boasted a conservative business model, in all aspects of their properties, for 50+ years.

You do what's safe and what works. When you've built your nest egg up, then you have room play and do things that are "experimental" and no, not experimental by our standards, experimental by conservative standards. Keep in mind, Disney has not paid off it's 4.3 billion dollar purchase of LFL. Until that happens, you won't see experimental.

Post Posted: January 5th 2017 2:57 am

Post Posted: January 5th 2017 3:27 am

DP

Post Posted: January 5th 2017 8:12 am

Post Posted: January 9th 2017 12:16 am

Best scene of the movie nobody is talking about is Galen's holo-message intercut with the Death Star destroying Jedha. Great performances in that scene (and great writing), chilling music (maybe one of the best pieces of the entire score), and incredibly haunting imagery of the Death Star blowing up the city.

Post Posted: January 9th 2017 3:49 pm

Site Admin

Post Posted: January 17th 2017 6:20 am

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©