A Few thoughts on all these Plot Leaks...
I for one hope ki adi moonshine's drops are more accurate than Jedipraxis. This aside:
- JJ Abrams is notorious for misdirection. Remember John Harrison?
- If JediPraxis' leaks were accurate they would be removed. Could these leaks be a from a Disney/Lucasfilm plant to mislead?
- If JediPraxis' leaks are true this is the worst closure to a saga I could think of. It sounds cheap, recycled and lazy - episode 6 was an ending. This seems like another version of that same ending downplaying Anakin as the Chosen One. Now we must accept chosen ones.
- I like the idea of The Son from TCW/Mortis trilogy theory better. At least this unifies the saga somehow across the films and animation and could possibly open it up to X-XII.
- TFA was not a bad movie, TLJ was. R1 was saved by Vader and Tarkin curtain calls. What these leaks tell me is the Sequel Trilogy is a rushed mess.
- I'm starting to think:
- Lucas was independent of the studio system, but still very much subject to the media (the part of the same studio system that very much wore him down). That is why the prequels (a masterpiece compared to these films) were bashed by the MSM and most of the masses believed what they were told by the MSM. Lucas sold the company as a result of the oppression amongst other things.
- Today, the media fawns all over the sequels and lifelong SW Fans know they are a totally different animal ("It's Disney Star Wars"), they cannot be fooled. However, the media won't bash TLJ or Galaxy's Edge like they did the prequels because Disney is the studio system now and controls a lot of the MSM.
- JJ really doesn't want to direct any old school heroic archetypes (Luke/Hamill). I believe Lucas directed Luke's scenes for TROS. And where is Kenobi? Correct me if I'm wrong here.
- How can Obi-Wan be meaningless in all this? Did he really "die in vain"? I thought Rey was going to be Kenobi's Granddaughter and end up with Kylo (uniting the clans) to save the galaxy. This might still be the real story.
- I understand changing audiences, demographics and populations and we must make films that today's audiences can relate to, but does that mean everything that came before was wrong or bad? It sure seems that's the subtext being sold.
- The sequels should not have been three films, they should have been six films. The first three (VII - IX) about New Republic and Kylo's fall and last three (IX - XII) closer to where we are now, with the Whills, Mortis, even Ahsoka and Ezra in the latter three. By the time you get to IX the galaxy should be so sick of war that both sides utilize droid/clone armies again - like poetry with the galaxy coming full circle to episode I-II but with the droids now as the good guys and clones with the evil First Order. Instead it was a crammed, rushed trilogy with Sith Troopers.
- This mess is not because of KK or GL, or even JJ or RJ. This is Bob Iger pressuring this franchise because he wanted his name all over it with his future in mind. He also utilized it as a subtle platform for his aspirations to the US Presidency. Do you realize years from now the fan base may see these films as a compromised mess because this guy wanted to push subtexts for the "woke" agenda and rally the vote. He seems to be in damage control mode to salvage it. He'll never be president, watch any interview and he looks and sounds like a product of MK Ultra.
Let's hope what we are hearing is not the fan fiction it sounds like.