It is currently December 16th 2019 3:06 am




  Page 1, 2  Next
Post Posted: October 21st 2019 8:52 pm
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3604


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:05 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
This is not the death star.
This looks like Mortis.

Image


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:06 pm
 

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Outer Rim
ki adi moonshine wrote:
This is not the death star. This looks like Mortis.

Image




Agreed


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:07 pm
 

Title: MeMyself&I
Join: October 13th 2014 7:15 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Outer Rim
They showed us nothing.

JJ Mystery Box/John Harrison stuff for sure.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:27 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2561
Location: Toronto, Canada
Also, didn’t match the trailer description at all.

I suspect JJ is playing a lot of leakers for fools with false information.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:47 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1226
Maybe.

Are fake shots in the trailer - like the weird cut to Rey and Ren on Bespin?

Is 20-foot Palaptine real? He's about the same scale as the Mortis Son. Is the true film image the Son slowly walking towards Rey?

ki adi moonshine wrote:
Image

It does look a lot like Mortis. But, that could be a stylistic choice rather than a reveal.

Intentionally confusing, this all this is.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:54 pm
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 307
What’s Mortis? - 99% of the audience.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 9:57 pm
 
darthpsychotic@gmail.com
User avatar

Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Posts: 4253
I do not believe in deliberate leaks.
I do believe in fake leakers who post spoilerfic(tion) for attention and trolling purposes. For example the trailer info from "smcoenfi" which was reposted here then was quickly debunked once the purported release dates passed.

The trailer was good, good as say VII's Han and Leia-centric final trailer. The trailer's contents line up with the Reddltor Praxis plot synopsis. The two notable shots were the aforementioned Emperor's new McQuarrie-inspired throne which would seem out of the place inside Death Star II's sunken wreckage.


The other would be Kylo and Rey simultaneously shatter the Vader Helm.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:00 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
It seems like they might be combining both Mortis and Palpatine subplots into one. We have our confirmation that Palpatine is alive but on life support.

That C-3P0 scene? Heart wrenching. (reminder I'm deaf so My new macbook was nice enough to transcribe for me via the twitter app)

C-3P0 says, "Taking one last look...at my friends." Everyone looks on with sadness and you can tell R2 was like noooo don't go and C-3P0 all could do is pat R2 on the head. Heart wrenching. :( It's sad because for the almost past fifty years, we have grown to accept C-3P0 as our friend, family or brother or whatever and now we know that after December, the C-3P0 we know and love will be gone. I'm sure there will be more C-3P0 stories set in the future sure, but it just won't be our C-3P0. It will be a new personality living in the body of a friend we've grown to love all these years.

Rest in Peace, C-3P0.

Anthony Daniels, enjoy your retirement. You've earned it.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:05 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
darthpsychotic wrote:
I do not believe in deliberate leaks.
I do believe in fake leakers who post spoilerfic(tion) for attention and trolling purposes. For example the trailer info from "smcoenfi" which was reposted here then was quickly debunked once the purported release dates passed.

The trailer's contents line up with the Reddltor Paxis plot synopsis. The trailer was good, good as say VII's Han and Leia-centric final trailer. The two notable shots were the aforementioned Emperor's new McQuarrie-inspired throne which would seem out of the place inside Death Star II's sunken wreckage.

The other would be Kylo and Rey simultaneously shatter the Vader Helm.


Yep, The new throne reminds me of this ROTJ early concept art:

Image


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:12 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
"what's mortis"...exactly.

look. not saying it's gonna be called that. not even sure if palpatine is palpatine or a third-party masquerading as him. I just passed off what I was given which somewhat aligned with Praxis' stuff but we have some info that obviously isn't the same.

so.

It's up in the air. It was decent though. Put out some feelers, maybe I'll hear something, maybe not.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:23 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1226
That McQuarrie image reminds me of this wonderful scene:



Post Posted: October 21st 2019 10:30 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
the "throne room" is the same location where we see Dark Rey. you can tell by the rock formations.

it would match up with either a premonition, which i was told, a type of "shapeshifting", which I was also told the vision actually was and was misdirection. also Rey has the dagger in her hand in one scene.

from what I read about Lucas' original plans for the trilogy after I was given some info, this does seem to match up with it. originally Luke and "Kira", who was han and leia's daughter, were safeguarding some kind of entrance that would unlock this ancient sith or another. that's why Luke became a recluse. allegedly. I'm starting to doubt one of my sources (second-hand info), eh i ran with it, it happens. the stuff friki gave me I doubt comes to pass (luke fighting and chewie death).

some of the stuff I was given was in pre-production and could have been changed. it's a lot to take in. I'm taking a few hours to digest and then am going into disection mode.


Post Posted: October 21st 2019 11:37 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
Ki Adi, is it possible that Palpatine in order to lure Rey to the Dark Side, He shows her a reflection of her and tells her, "This is your future if you help me conquer the Galaxy. Please help me." Basically the same stuff as what he did with Anakin?

Food for thought.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:38 am
 
User avatar

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
Posts: 182
Location: Andorra
From the official site:

Rey's journey continues and the Skywalker saga concludes in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,

“CONTINUES”???
Um... 10, 11, 12 anyone?


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:42 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3604
SithWitch wrote:
From the official site:

Rey's journey continues and the Skywalker saga concludes in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,

“CONTINUES”???
Um... 10, 11, 12 anyone?


Just marketing jargon. Her journey continues in this movie, which also ends the Skywalker saga.
But of course she could be seen again in some other film, series, spinoff, whatever in the future.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 6:46 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Posts: 605
Location: Michigan
This trailer didn't reveal very much, IMO.

The shot that intrigued me the most was Rey and a helmeted Ren lightsaber-slashing that black statue thingy. That scene could certainly have taken place on an Imperial-controlled Cloud City. You see the same lighting pattern in that shot as you do in other Imperial structures, but the dominance of white could easily reflect a random location in Cloud City.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 7:24 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 1st 2004 10:40 pm
Posts: 54
Location: New England
I dunno. Other than the space horses on the Star Destroyer thing the visuals looked incredible. But so did The Last Jedi's. I don't mind that it told us nothing - expected as much from Captain Mystery Box.

Then again editing on this trailer is a hot mess. The 3PO scene just felt out of place and contrived in the context of the trailer. I get what they were going for - they're pulling back on the punches and aiming for the slow knife twist in the gut. But that just doesn't work for me. Each movie in the PT had trailers with ooomph and fanfare. That just seems missing.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:15 am
 
User avatar

Join: April 20th 2004 11:57 pm
Posts: 519
Location: Southern California
royalguard96 wrote:
This trailer didn't reveal very much, IMO.

The shot that intrigued me the most was Rey and a helmeted Ren lightsaber-slashing that black statue thingy. That scene could certainly have taken place on an Imperial-controlled Cloud City. You see the same lighting pattern in that shot as you do in other Imperial structures, but the dominance of white could easily reflect a random location in Cloud City.


I have a feeling that statue they smash is Vader. Somehow we're going to see Rey and Kylo fight Vader in this movie because of course we are.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:17 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2561
Location: Toronto, Canada
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

Now we wait. Now we hope.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:23 pm
 

Join: November 2nd 2015 1:23 pm
Posts: 5
Rey is holding a Dagger in the "Vader Statue Smash Scene".

Image


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:24 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Posts: 605
Location: Michigan
CoGro wrote:
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

Now we wait. Now we hope.


The hint of Yoda's theme playing during the C-3PO shots was "peak feels" for me during the trailer.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:27 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
CoGro wrote:
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

Now we wait. Now we hope.


I thought it was fantastic. It gave me the feels, leading up to 3P0. We also haven't seen anything this visually stunning since Revenge of the Sith. So much has McQuarry and Lucas written all over it, so despite how large of a role he had in the scenario of the film (it seemingly matches his original concept art from pre-production though), his presence is felt everywhere. I like that, a lot.

CoGro, I love that line too. I really think "Confronting fear is the destiny of a SKYWALKER", if you look at Anakin, Luke, now Rey. The promotional stuff for the film (I'll find it) states that Rey struggles to find herself and is afraid of what may lay within. She's flirted with the darkside from the moment she was about to kill Kylo in TFA, but the ground split apart. I have always maintained she would have killed him in her anger. and we see that anger surface, again, in the trailer.

It gave us just enough without revealing too much. It was great. So much to dissect too.

royalguard96 wrote:
The hint of Yoda's theme playing during the C-3PO shots was "peak feels" for me during the trailer.


Not going to lie I almost teared up at that point. perfect.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:31 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1226
It appears to be the Dagger of Mortis.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 12:34 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
E_CHU_TA! wrote:
It appears to be the Dagger of Mortis.


That's what I've been saying!


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 3:26 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
E_CHU_TA! wrote:
It appears to be the Dagger of Mortis.

ki adi moonshine wrote:
That's what I've been saying!

That article suggests that the Son might not be present but combining both palpatine and Mortis subplots into one by making palpatine the new big bad that was behind everything.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 3:38 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
Runtime revealed: https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/10/22/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-runtime-revealed/


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:15 pm
 
darthpsychotic@gmail.com
User avatar

Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Posts: 4253
Emperor IX from presumabely boogleg footage being passed around

Image

Image

A trailer shot featuring featuring a stationary figure propelled forward


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:17 pm
 
Site Admin
User avatar

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Posts: 1648
TROS:

Me: Do it !!

Image


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 4:50 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
darthpsychotic wrote:
Emperor IX from presumabely boogleg footage being passed around

Image

A trailer shot featuring featuring a stationary figure propelled forward


I hope that's not photoshopped because look at Palpatine - he's wearing his ROTS crimson red robes from the "Declaration of the First Galactic Empire" senate scene.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:48 pm
 
User avatar

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
Posts: 182
Location: Andorra
Image


When Rey leaps from the cliff on Endor (or wherever) and lands on the Deathstar wreckage (or whatever) is she teleporting? I mean, yeah ... it could just be a cut in the trailer, but it could also be a new force power. I mean, the look on her face after the leap is not OMG I MADE IT! but OMG THAT WAS COOL! So ... look at that clip again. And tell me she's not force-hopping! And we don't even realize it!


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:54 pm
 
User avatar

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 1226
Could be - she's been rumored to do new things with the Force.

That's definitely the Mortis Dagger in the trailer ...

Image

... or maybe it isn't.

Image

Is it a trailer-only ruse?


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 5:58 pm
 
User avatar

Join: April 3rd 2011 5:29 am
Posts: 182
Location: Andorra
Come to think of it, that ability was introduced in Rebels. They were force-transported to the other side of Lothal, at one point, right? And she unlocked the WBW portal with her hand signs in the cave on AchTo if you want to believe that. So the door is open, I suppose.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 6:00 pm
 

Join: November 2nd 2015 1:23 pm
Posts: 5
I just noticed that the "cavalry" scene is happening on the hull of a Star Destroyer... I don't know how to feel about that.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 8:55 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 15th 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 54
CoGro wrote:
All you need to know about how JJ feels about TLJ was summed up in Luke's line: "Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi."

I thought it was a good trailer. It gave me feels, which is really all I wanted. I don't want this movie utterly spoiled for me. The visuals are striking but I expect that from JJ. He's really throwing the kitchen sink with nostalgic imagery and unifying the canon. That shot with all of the rebel ships was incredible. The only thing that was surprising was the limited air time for Kylo Ren. I think it's because his entire presence in this film is a spoiler.

Now we wait. Now we hope.

royalguard96 wrote:
The hint of Yoda's theme playing during the C-3PO shots was "peak feels" for me during the trailer.


It would have been for me too, but for the fact that Threepio has interacted with these characters for....what? A total of 2 minutes during the entire ST?

Yes I know, "they could have bonded offscreen, etc. etc.", but that's not near enough for them to sell me that they're such good friends, sorry.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 9:31 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Posts: 605
Location: Michigan
In my mind, C-3PO isn't talking to Poe and Finn. As in ESB, when he "breaks the fourth wall" by saying "How typical" while trying to escape Hoth, he is speaking to us.

That's what my idealistic mind wants it to be, anyway.


Post Posted: October 22nd 2019 11:24 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
Apparently according to Praxis 3.0, C-3P0 does survive the memory wipe - with R2 restoring his memory with a backup.

Sounds like Disney plans on keeping C-3P0 around for few more films or tv shows just with a new body actor.


Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 12:57 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
My thought was, what if 3P0 wakes up after the mindwipe and is like, "Master Ani? Mistress Padme? Oh my."

I would love if he regained ALL of his memories and gives a narrative like in ROTJ. idk. It'd be really cool anyhow.

And see all the leak could be true, aspects of it could be true, some key details off, no one knows for sure. Just being completely objective for a moment. Let's try not to use confirmation bias like everyone else. I think MF is better than that. The way I put it is, the leaks have been given a lot of credence, but let's see how it all plays out.

Anyway, I'm just along for the ride whether or not what I was told is true or not. I wasn't even going to come out with it and tell people, just keep it to myself, but, then people started telling me things that were the same and I was like wtf. idk.

We'll see. It'll be a wild ride, that's for sure!


Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 2:24 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
ki adi moonshine wrote:
My thought was, what if 3P0 wakes up after the mindwipe and is like, "Master Ani? Mistress Padme? Oh my."

I would love if he regained ALL of his memories and gives a narrative like in ROTJ. idk. It'd be really cool anyhow.

And see all the leak could be true, aspects of it could be true, some key details off, no one knows for sure. Just being completely objective for a moment. Let's try not to use confirmation bias like everyone else. I think MF is better than that. The way I put it is, the leaks have been given a lot of credence, but let's see how it all plays out.

Anyway, I'm just along for the ride whether or not what I was told is true or not. I wasn't even going to come out with it and tell people, just keep it to myself, but, then people started telling me things that were the same and I was like wtf. idk.

We'll see. It'll be a wild ride, that's for sure!


Apparently, after the mindwipe, 3P0 gets most of his memories back after R2 restores his memories but it's only up to the events of TFA and does not include the events of TLJ. According to Praxis that is. If 3P0 does get his memories back... it could be a tongue in cheek, telling us to forget all about TLJ haha.


Post Posted: October 23rd 2019 5:42 pm
 
Site Admin
User avatar

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Posts: 1648
Freezus wrote:

Apparently, after the mindwipe, 3P0 gets most of his memories back after R2 restores his memories but it's only up to the events of TFA and does not include the events of TLJ. According to Praxis that is. If 3P0 does get his memories back... it could be a tongue in cheek, telling us to forget all about TLJ haha.


Holy fuck if this happens it will just send our fractured fandom into the fucking stratosphere.


Post Posted: October 24th 2019 9:18 am
 

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 307
I wish I could get a mind wipe before TLJ! :)


Post Posted: October 24th 2019 4:19 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
SI wrote:

Holy fuck if this happens it will just send our fractured fandom into the fucking stratosphere.


Yea, the meltdowns all over the internet would be glorious.


Post Posted: October 24th 2019 7:42 pm
 
Site Admin
User avatar

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Posts: 1648
Kyle wrote:
Now that this "last" trailer is done, I'm done. Nothing more to say till the film's released.


..and yet here you are dribbling more shit.

No one here has time for your bullshit ramblings.

Fine, we get it, you don't like Disney. Cry me a river. Spew your hatred somewhere else.

You just come off as unhinged and unbalanced. Harboring this much hatred can't be good for you. Best to seek help.


Post Posted: October 24th 2019 10:32 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Lover of ALL SW
Join: October 8th 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 176
Location: Germany
Kyle wrote:
.
Hey...

Hey SI...!

How about a forum ban for ki adi moonshine, for being such an anti-feminist!

From ki adi moonshine:
Quote:
Holy shit this is a serious case of PMS. Be careful Kyle, don't let the PMS control you!



You're not woke enough ki. :execution:

You're certainly not the kind of fan that Disney's trying to brainwash us into.

Accusing anyone of PMS'ing, when there's NO SUCH THING for ANY of the goddesses that walk our planet, is a high crime that's certain to get you thrown into the Not PC Enough Prison.

Kennedy/Abrams/Hidalgo/Johnson will be keeping a very close eye on you. And deservedly so. You too won't escape their wrath, SI. Count on it.

:bounce:


Disney Wars appreciation and banning threats makes Kyle go crazy

File format: mp4


Post Posted: October 25th 2019 2:35 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
I don't give a shit about political affiliation or anything like that. I'm registered as unafilliated because I think both parties suck but that's beside the point. It's funny Kyle claims to be a progressive yet so many of his talking points are also coming from right-wing crazies like Jeremy Griggs from Geeks+Gamers. The kind of people he "detests." wtf ever I'm so over this lol.

Kyle, not all of us here are thrilled with the direction of the ST but I want to give this film a chance and it looks pretty badass if I'm honest. I'm personally excited. You are free to hate it, I don't care, but stop trying to get people to agree with your BS because no one is going to. At this point you're like...the court jester of MF. you're the clown, the entertainment. but even that gets dull.

Now, can we get back to talking about the..ummm..actual trailer instead of Kyle's inane ramblings? lol. dude's a raving lunatic. he makes the guy who runs Disney Star Wars is Dumb look sane, and that says a lot. Him and dataracer..ugh.

Anyway, does anyone else think that this is Endor and a rebel helmet from the battle of endor?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Some cool stuff!


Post Posted: October 25th 2019 2:57 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
ki adi moonshine wrote:
I don't give a shit about political affiliation or anything like that. I'm registered as unafilliated because I think both parties suck but that's beside the point. It's funny Kyle claims to be a progressive yet so many of his talking points are also coming from right-wing crazies like Jeremy Griggs from Geeks+Gamers. The kind of people he "detests." wtf ever I'm so over this lol.

Kyle, not all of us here are thrilled with the direction of the ST but I want to give this film a chance and it looks pretty badass if I'm honest. I'm personally excited. You are free to hate it, I don't care, but stop trying to get people to agree with your BS because no one is going to. At this point you're like...the court jester of MF. you're the clown, the entertainment. but even that gets dull.

Now, can we get back to talking about the..ummm..actual trailer instead of Kyle's inane ramblings? lol. dude's a raving lunatic. he makes the guy who runs Disney Star Wars is Dumb look sane, and that says a lot. Him and dataracer..ugh.

Anyway, does anyone else think that this is Endor and a rebel helmet from the battle of endor?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Some cool stuff!


Yep. I don't care about politics when discussing Star Wars but Kyle was a lunatic by spewing right wing BS. That's it.

Two reasons why I'm interested in this film and nothing else is; First reason is because you said Lucas has his fingerprints all over this movie both in and out. The second is I'm just merely interested in seeing how it all ends then I get to walk away from Star Wars for good. If it was the same trope where JJ Abrams went alone on this film without Lucas' involvement and the Story Group was the one that was writing this film, TROS wouldn't have been a day one viewing for me. Maybe I would have been like, "meh, I'll just wait for the Blu-Ray." But since Lucas is heavily involved on this one, I'm pretty interested in this after Iger nearly killed my fandom with TLJ.


Post Posted: October 25th 2019 3:05 pm
 
User avatar

Title: A Living Force
Join: October 10th 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 290
Ki Adi, about these pictures.. I saw the pictures of "Kira" swimming in the throne room in 2017 right after TLJ was released. I believe it was the original intent of Lucas' trilogy to have "Kira" go down to Endor, and explore the Throne room to find something in TFA and the movie was originally going to open with Luke training Kira instead of in TLJ. The whole trilogy was going to be a race against the Sith to explore the force in depth and whatever the item that Kira finds in Lucas' version of TFA was going to be the MacGriffin. That's my theory.


Post Posted: October 25th 2019 11:07 pm
 

Join: June 29th 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 130
Luke and Kira were in exile guarding the tomb of an ancient sith and stop his resurrection. The key to opening the tomb was the crystal in Kira's saber. The Kylo Ren character collects Sith Artifacts to try to open the tomb. Kira is Han and Leia's daughter, though it's not public knowledge, and Han doesn't like having his daughter in this position (if I'm remembering it right.) Luke's haunted by evil spirits and is going half-crazy. Kylo is trying to open the tomb and release the ancient Sith.

That's another part of George's treatment. It makes sense then that The Falcon is present at the Death Star; Han must be with her.

The MaGuffin is actually the crystal to Kira/Rey's saber.

I really want to read the full treatment. Disney will never release it, but even just for historical reasons. I don't know if Lucas can legally release it, or even have it at his museum as a part of SW history. So disney bought the stories, no intent to make them, just to have ownership of them. shitty af of them. but that's another thread.

I'd link to MSM, but they're down, so here's an article that compared it to the leaks I received...which now I kind of want answers for lol. We'll see. Ward's info is legit I just couldn't get more out of it.

Analysis of Lucas' Original Plan for ST


Post Posted: October 26th 2019 1:41 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
ki adi moonshine wrote:
This is not the death star.
This looks like Mortis.

Image


Palpatine is not on the remains of DS2.

He is on Exogol.

darthpsychotic wrote:
The trailer's contents line up with the Reddltor Praxis plot synopsis.


Agreed.

darthpsychotic wrote:
Emperor's new McQuarrie-inspired throne which would seem out of the place inside Death Star II's sunken wreckage.


Palpatine is not on Death Star wreckage.

darthpsychotic wrote:
The other would be Kylo and Rey simultaneously shatter a solid figure which was once presumably animated.


Vader's burnt mask on pedestal.

Kylo is not there. Force connection scene like TLJ.

Rey is on his star destroyer.

He is on Kaijimi.


Post Posted: October 26th 2019 1:47 pm
 
User avatar

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tomorrow-Morrow Land
Freezus wrote:
It seems like they might be combining both Mortis and Palpatine subplots into one. We have our confirmation that Palpatine is alive but on life support.

That C-3P0 scene? Heart wrenching. (reminder I'm deaf so My new macbook was nice enough to transcribe for me via the twitter app)

C-3P0 says, "Taking one last look...at my friends." Everyone looks on with sadness and you can tell R2 was like noooo don't go and C-3P0 all could do is pat R2 on the head. Heart wrenching. :( It's sad because for the almost past fifty years, we have grown to accept C-3P0 as our friend, family or brother or whatever and now we know that after December, the C-3P0 we know and love will be gone. I'm sure there will be more C-3P0 stories set in the future sure, but it just won't be our C-3P0. It will be a new personality living in the body of a friend we've grown to love all these years.

Rest in Peace, C-3P0.

Anthony Daniels, enjoy your retirement. You've earned it.


The scene will fail for two reasons:

The first is that he doesn't really know these people.

It only works if he delivers the line while only looking at R2-D2, Chewbacca and Lando.

I don't believe Lando is even there.

Abrams will fuck it up.

The second I won't reveal since you appear to be unspoiled as far as this scene goes.

EDIT: I take number two back.

You know.

Freezus wrote:
Apparently according to Praxis 3.0, C-3P0 does survive the memory wipe - with R2 restoring his memory with a backup.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
  Page 1, 2  Next



Jump to:  




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©